• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

Merry Christmas boys...!!

Anybody thought about keeping your car key fob safe while you park your car at home. This is a small video I wanted to talk about car theft on cars with key fobs and using an inexpensive Faraday Box to keep the keys safe. Please let me know what you think. Even if you think this is BS.. :) 

Edited by kmeeg

3 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Merry Christmas boys...!!

Anybody thought about keeping your car key fob safe while you park your car at home. This is a small video I wanted to talk about car theft on cars with key fobs and using an inexpensive Faraday Box to keep the keys safe. Please let me know what you think. Even if you think this is BS.. :) 

Is it just me ? I cannot hear anything...also....does your license plate say "Are you 19?" in a heavy pirate's accent (AAR u 19 ?) ?

8 hours ago, iRage said:

Is it just me ? I cannot hear anything...also....does your license plate say "Are you 19?" in a heavy pirate's accent (AAR u 19 ?) ?

Too bad the mic volume is very low. No pro equipment. Just phone camera.

Ha ha.. I like that license plate number too. It is a regular plate not paid extra..??

13 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Too bad the mic volume is very low. No pro equipment. Just phone camera.

Ha ha.. I like that license plate number too. It is a regular plate not paid extra..??

So you did not pay extra to be driving around asking if "they" are barely legal ? 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

When you are home pass mid night and for sure you know that your wife would be not happy? Still want to enjoy the night before the lecture starts? Play with the garage light sensor with your headlights a little bit..???

headlight.jpg

People who married the garage light sensor be like:

KcefCa5.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

People who married the garage light sensor

Is that a euphemism for a wife who manually turns on the garage light for you when you get home?

If so, We have reached unprecedented levels of objectification...

8 hours ago, alds said:

Is that a euphemism for a wife who manually turns on the garage light for you when you get home?

If so, We have reached unprecedented levels of objectification...

LoL..? No, there is one spot where the light sensor picks the light from the headlights..?

3 hours ago, kmeeg said:

LoL..? No, there is one spot where the light sensor picks the light from the headlights..?

ha ha ? I know, the sensor gets confused whether to turn off or turn on. Because it has the same light intensity setting to either on>off or off>on. 

What it needs is a schmitt trigger

Basics-of-Schmitt-Trigger-Non-Inverting-Hysteresis.jpg.ef41c70f835b2e57d62ab09032836617.jpg

3 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Now I've seen everything... a 4G63 transplanted CS1 turned into an evo X

ARe51bY.jpg

xAL307c.jpg

89BSAqs.jpg

That used to be Lasith Malinga's car if I'm not mistaken. And that's a legit Evo X. I'm not sure why the RMV information shows details of a CS1 though. 

I'm sure it has a 4B11T because I've seen pictures of the engine bay. Can see the air intake of the 4B engine even in the first photo. 

6 minutes ago, Davy said:

That used to be Lasith Malinga's car if I'm not mistaken. And that's a legit Evo X. I'm not sure why the RMV information shows details of a CS1 though. 

I'm sure it has a 4B11T because I've seen pictures of the engine bay. Can see the air intake of the 4B engine even in the first photo. 

Car may be legit but now I wonder whether the papers are... 

31 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Not just any CS1, a CS1 with a 4G63 engine

Yeah, that's just weird. As Crosswind said, maybe the papers are dodgy. 

Found this following a quick Google search. It has a 4B11T with an SST transmission. So it's an Evo X MR. 

10 hours ago, iRage said:

Well....the RMV is notorious for making mistakes too...it could also be that whoever was doing data entry just picked CS1 as it was a 2007 Lancer. Just like all E140 series Axio are E141...

Data entry folks at RMV aren't that brilliant. They usually copy the text filled in to the registration form by the car dealer. In this case, it might be the car dealers who knowing make that 'mistake' in the forms to keep their customers happy.

9 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

And entered wrong engine information too?

Probably engine information is correct...what I am saying is perhaps when they started typing in "Lan.."...the autofill decided to show a list of past entries matching it and these guys just clicked what ever was on top...

48 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Data entry folks at RMV aren't that brilliant. They usually copy the text filled in to the registration form by the car dealer. In this case, it might be the car dealers who knowing make that 'mistake' in the forms to keep their customers happy.

but wouldn't that also mean that someone would be buying an Evo at the price of a stock Lancer ? If someone did pay extra for it then they wouldn't want the book to show something cheaper noh ? Unless there is some strange way to beat luxury tax etc....

47 minutes ago, iRage said:

No no...what I am saying is probably the engine information was entered correct whist the Lancer part was auto filled....eitherway....it is a messy soup.

Oh, so you mean that wrong engine information was entered manually (we already know that the engine information is wrong because the 4G63 engine wasn't used on either of the cars) and the "Lancer CS1" part was taken from a drop-down menu?

Feels like we're getting a tumble in the messy soup you mentioned

12 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Oh, so you mean that wrong engine information was entered manually (we already know that the engine information is wrong because the 4G63 engine wasn't used on either of the cars) and the "Lancer CS1" part was taken from a drop-down menu?

Feels like we're getting a tumble in the messy soup you mentioned

Well...what was there on the form might be correct and says 4G63 and the name of the car probably was put as Lancer Evo or something....I know the 4G63 was not in the Evo but lets not forget...our car sales people and even the owner have no idea what they have. Car sales people are the worst because they do not know that they do not know. I have seen an Axio Luxel (1.8) being registered as NZE141 with a 1NZ-FE engine...a Ceres GT with registration claiming it to have a 4A-FE engine (it had a 4A-GE engine) but the owner selling it as a 1.5L car with a 5A-FE engine (I looked at it for a possible purchase and the owner was insistant that it was 1.5L !!)

But then because we do not have proper regulations and its enforcement...who knows..this might be a weird Frankenstein....in Sri Lanka someone swapping the body on to a different book and then doing some weird engine upgrade is a distinct possibility...