• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

On 11/15/2019 at 7:25 AM, kmeeg said:

Consumer Reports 2020 vehicle reliability ratings.

Yes this is US market specific and may not relate to our country reliability. My point here is how strong Mazda is coming up.

CR2020.jpg

Well...even for the US....the scoring mechanism really is not reflective of what the true reliability is....even if a person calls to find out to find out how to store a radio channel or call to ask what the red button on the remote key is...they get counted in to a failure call.

Secondly, Mazda has been doing quite well in terms of reliability for a long time...it is just that Americans have discovered Mazda only since recently

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, iRage said:

Well...even for the US....the scoring mechanism really is not reflective of what the true reliability is....even if a person calls to find out to find out how to store a radio channel or call to ask what the red button on the remote key is...they get counted in to a failure call.

Secondly, Mazda has been doing quite well in terms of reliability for a long time...it is just that Americans have discovered Mazda only since recently

I knew something is wrong with this list when I saw Ford above Mercedes and Mitsubishi :D 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I captured this in last week, but could not post it here.

1957 Austin Cambridge (62 years old)..... Captured at Expressway Exit at Kadawatha.

Hats off to the owner!!!??? 

(According to toll gate officer,  they mistakenly exit at Kadawatha and re-entered to expressway to leave for Kurundugahahathapma . Even there were free toll gates, I wanted to stay behind this old beauty ?.)1209436091_Austin1.jpg.7624c5c88b0d8c519cbc29809caf8f27.jpg1998322390_Austin2.jpg.164ff669098b9c8168abd926e0726c62.jpg

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 5:55 AM, kmeeg said:

Consumer Reports 2020 vehicle reliability ratings.

Yes this is US market specific and may not relate to our country reliability. My point here is how strong Mazda is coming up.

CR2020.jpg

Wait wait wait...mitsubishi...20th? And what is alfa romeo doing in a reliability ratings list? Lol

13 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

3000GT split in half!

She died saving her owner though. RIP

Saw this one last year..the car being T-boned jumpscared me. Like "yo what the hell?" 

It is a heavy car tho, if this guy was driving around in a miata or a kei car, inside edition won't have a story to tell.

Edited by □AVANTE□

12 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Triton delivers Tofu! ?

Even John Cadogan (hope you car lovers listen to him on Youtube) highly recommend Triton. However not sure why many 4x4 Youtube videos have Hilux over the Triton. Is its because the regular 4x4 capability over features like down hill control? 

2 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Even John Cadogan (hope you car lovers listen to him on Youtube) highly recommend Triton. However not sure why many 4x4 Youtube videos have Hilux over the Triton. Is its because the regular 4x4 capability over features like down hill control? 

Well...I think it is because of what Toyota does....Toyotas in general are not excellent at one particular thing (only a very few select cars are)..but does everything marginally well. The Hilux...well..the tech is old fashioned..and doesn't excel at anything like its counterparts...EXCEPT...for the fact that the simplicity makes it just go on and on. It is the same story with the Land Cruisers. This has been a pattern with the HIlux and its competitors forever...this is nothing new....the old Nissan pickup trucks were much comfy on the road...the Tritons were quite good on power..but then..how many of the old Tritons and Nissan cabs do you see on the road whilst there are Hiluxes running forever. Some of our country offices have a mix of old Tritons and Hiluxes...the Tritons just came to a point where it could not be fixed (lack of parts or simply not worth it) whilst the Hiluxes of the same period just keep on running even with crappy fix up jobs. We once purchased a fleet of D21 Nissan pickups to a country's police and those things also just broke away.

Also, in stock form...the Hilux is quite bland...but with some simple tweaks you can intensify the core purpose the vehicle was built for. Same with other Toyota cars. So yeah...I think people do find merit in the Triton...(and other pickup trucks like the Ranger) but for the long haul people still do go for the Toyota.

Checked out the Triton here in Vietnam....not bad..feels a bit better than the previous one..but typically Mitsubishi..the plastics feel filmsy and cheap. Ride is not bad.....seats are not bad...but at the end of the day its not that much better or worst from the Hilux. IMO its just that the Hilux and the Ranger makes you feel like you get something a lot more car that is more capable.

Edited by iRage

5 hours ago, kmeeg said:

IDK really, am not a fan of SUVs and pickups... but a huge fan of Initial D so the Tofu delivery part made me watch (and share) the video ?

Edited by Hyaenidae