• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

1 hour ago, Magnum said:

Took me couple of seconds to recognize it :D 

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: outdoor

Hes spent more than the cars value to mod it to this level, 

Going to see a lot of hooning in these now 

11 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

and guess what this OLD fart did 9 hours ago.

In my opinion in US market Hummers are kind of junk. But definitely a good one to have as a 'show vehicle'.  Scotty is correct about reliability, they are not as reliable. As for offroad Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has far better capability than Hummer. 

As for Chrisfix Hummer, thats an amazing find. The stock powertrain on the Hummer sucks and the Duramax engine swap is an amazing setup. Portal axle upgrade over stock makes it even better.  Atleast the GMC Sierra with Duramax is amazing.

What I actually wanted to point out was that this beef between Chrisfix and Scotty has been going on for sometime.This beef is coming from scotty only. So mostly it is one sided ( granted chris does not give a damn). If scotty wanted to he would have posted such a video about Hummers long time back. He waited until Chris bought his dream Car and the motive of Scotty's video is not to point out the unreliability of the hummer. He wants to hit back at chrisfix video because chrisfix has more subscribers and more views than scotty. in other words chrisfix is on a whole another level. I believe the Old man is shaking with envy and Jealousy.

4 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

What I actually wanted to point out was that this beef between Chrisfix and Scotty has been going on for sometime.This beef is coming from scotty only. So mostly it is one sided ( granted chris does not give a damn). If scotty wanted to he would have posted such a video about Hummers long time back. He waited until Chris bought his dream Car and the motive of Scotty's video is not to point out the unreliability of the hummer. He wants to hit back at chrisfix video because chrisfix has more subscribers and more views than scotty. in other words chrisfix is on a whole another level. I believe the Old man is shaking with envy and Jealousy.

Ahhh.. Got you... ChrisFix has by far useful videos vs as per Scotty you should only buy used Toyota (not even new Toyota). I guess 99% of Scotty's video he talks about his Celica, his wife's Lexus, his son's Tacoma..??

1 hour ago, kmeeg said:

Ahhh.. Got you... ChrisFix has by far useful videos vs as per Scotty you should only buy used Toyota (not even new Toyota). I guess 99% of Scotty's video he talks about his Celica, his wife's Lexus, his son's Tacoma..??

As I've said many times, although he has his "50 years of experience", he just has controversial opinions. If you give a 10mm spanner to a monkey and ask it to tighten and loosen a bolt for a couple of years non stop, the monkey will eventually become very good at it, and even find more efficient ways to do it. That's basically Scotty. At least in my opinion. So whatever he says needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Also, if he isn't mature enough to understand that not everyone's dream car is a Celica (or a Toyota), then I guess there is no point in even questioning about the guy's credibility. 

As for ChrisFix, he has got to be one of my most admired YouTubers among Jason Fenske from Engineering Explained and of course the Aussie duo Marty (he's my favourite) and Moog from Mighty Car Mods.

Some of the other channels I follow are:

Bad Obsession Motorsport where Nik and Richard - two blokes from the UK have been building a classic Mini Cooper (Project Binky) and those guys are probably the couple of the most talented guys I've seen with broad knowledge on everything about cars. If you follow Project Binky, you'll get what I mean. 

If I want to be mezmarised about classic car restoration photo montages, I always turn to Hand Built Cars and Low Mileage

Wasabi Cars for all JDM classics, auctions etc., Donut Media if you need a quick history lesson on a particular car (see their "Everything You need to know" videos), Rich Rebuilds for interesting videos about putting together written off Teslas. 

These are a few from the top of my mind. If I remember more, I will share. ?

• Like 1

For me, Scotty comes off as a grumpy old man and who complains about everything modern and new. And the only knowledge he departs is "Buy a 20 year old celica, No mercedes, No tesla, No euros". Going through his comments you can find the same demographic.

Chrisfix's H1 seems like a sweet setup. There's a new company called "MIL Spec" based in detroit which does this Duramax+Allison conversion for stock hummers. Jay leno had them on his channel recently.

Wonder whether we can import hummers here, swap in a 2C engine and you are good to go. :D

On 8/30/2019 at 12:45 PM, Hyaenidae said:

What's with all the abusive-fanboing :D

Scotty and Chris both share valuable knowledge and are hella entertaining to watch - why call either of them names because they have beef, pork or venison between each other which is no business of ours :)

Again... Scotty's so called "valuable knowledge" is questionable and has sparked controversy on many occasions. While most of what he talks about is common sense, you have to take his advise with a bit of caution because sometimes he talks utter BS and that unfortunately is the truth. I guess with whatever you watch on YouTube, you have to exercise caution so as to not be influenced by people who are popular for the wrong reasons. But hey, if entertainment is what you're after, then who am I to stop ya. ?

As for the friction between Scotty and ChrisFix, it does matter to viewers. Especially to people who actually attempt to DIY after being inspired by their videos. Also to people who believe Chris to be a credible source of information. If you followed the time when Scotty went after Chris about his DIY headlight restoration video, you'll see what I mean. Here's a summary:

This is just one of many instances. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the new defender launch and listening to Sir Ralf Speth talk about the latest software updates in the new defender, Life doesn't get better than this. ?

This engine bay is from a 4WD Axio NZE164. I don't understand how it has a transverse engine setup. Is this because they primarily drive the front wheels? in other words they are front wheel biased 4WD

Photo of TOYOTA COROLLA AXIO 1.5G / used TOYOTA

Edited by Magnum

This should be a magnetically coupled rear drivetrain. The front diff housing includes the magnetic clutches and the hypoid gears to couple the rear driveshaft to engage AWD. So yes, it is front biased.

4 hours ago, Magnum said:

This engine bay is from a 4WD Axio NZE164. I don't understand how it has a transverse engine setup. Is this because they primarily drive the front wheels? in other words they are front wheel biased 4WD

Not sure whether this particular AWD system is front wheel biased. But there are plenty of transverse layouts with a proper transfer-case to drive the rear. E.g. Mitsubishi Evo  all wheel drive system, especially the older versions without AYC an all that electronic trickery. 

13 hours ago, alds said:

This should be a magnetically coupled rear drivetrain. The front diff housing includes the magnetic clutches and the hypoid gears to couple the rear driveshaft to engage AWD. So yes, it is front biased.

I think it basically adds on from the FWD models set up, it would be interesting to see how it looks underneath the car

11 hours ago, MrCat said:

Not sure whether this particular AWD system is front wheel biased. But there are plenty of transverse layouts with a proper transfer-case to drive the rear. E.g. Mitsubishi Evo  all wheel drive system, especially the older versions without AYC an all that electronic trickery. 

Till date I never realized the Evo has a transverse layout :action-smiley-060:

I think it maintains a better front/rear split using its advanced differentials