• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

4 hours ago, asrock said:

I'm more of a parippu guy, can't live without it. 

that's my boy - that's the first thing i learned to cook and came in handy when i went abroad on work and stayed for a few months.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Magnum said:

What makes Scotty unreliable? I know he is bit of an old school guy type guy. I thought his channel is considered as one of the prominent automotive related channels in YouTube 

For me the best automotive related youtube channels are,

Chrisfix- IMO Chris is a Legend when it comes to DIY videos.His clear presentation is top notch and to the point.Been following his "Driftstang" project from the beginning and I am totally hooked.

Gears & Gasoline- This is relatively a new channel and from a tuner perceptive their videos are excellent. It attracts tuner cars from all over and let them take through an overview of their respective build. Highly entertaining and top notch video editing. More importantly the channel covers all the aspects of the automotive industry. Project builds,Tuning, Walkthroughs, Maintenance, to name a few.

Eric the Car guy- If you are extremely into mechanical aspect then this is channel for you. Eric is a guy who will completely tear down the engine and explain every single part in detail.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Chrisfix- IMO Chris is a Legend when it comes to DIY videos.His clear presentation is top notch and to the point.Been following his "Driftstang" project from the beginning and I am totally hooked.

Gears & Gasoline- This is relatively a new channel and from a tuner perceptive their videos are excellent. It attracts tuner cars from all over and let them take through an overview of their respective build. Highly entertaining and top notch video editing. More importantly the channel covers all the aspects of the automotive industry. Project builds,Tuning, Walkthroughs, Maintenance, to name a few.

Eric the Car guy- If you are extremely into mechanical aspect then this is channel for you. Eric is a guy who will completely tear down the engine and explain every single part in detail.

Amen to that. I like chrisfix...his stuff is easy to understand for amateurs like me. Gears and gasoline has some awesome videos too. 

As for Scotty and John Cadogan, well they are a little too opinionated and personally I find scotty annoying. And he over generalizes things.

Cadogan is more tolerable hes just your typical grumpy Aussie. 

• Like 1

Yes...and No...

If you ever want to do a body a swap....a body on ladder constructed vehicle would be the most safest way to go about it (I said most...not entirely...). However for that to happen..you will have to get the entire body off of a donor vehicle (like the whole thing unbolted) and then bolted on to the new ladder...however this should be done without cutting or chopping the original ladder or the new body shell and where cuts and alterations need to be made ...it should be properly fabricated so that the strength (and safety) would not be compromised. In Sri Lanka you cannot import a complete body without a proper body permit. So the only way to swap the body properly would be to get the body off of a complete vehicle already in the country. Considering the cost of these things...why would anyone do it ?

Having done so....you need to understand that it will take quite a lot of engineering effort to get most of the safety features and things like the adaptive suspension, etc..working right (seriously doubt they go about doing this....) As for structural integrity...as long as the frame and chassis is not cut and chopped it should hold up reasonable well...albeit not as effectively as in the case of the original because things like air bags and points of crumpling might not exactly line up .

As for registering the body swap legally...I beleive to make the proper changes in the book (which is the only way it becomes legal) you need to have the proper permits (RMV approval prior to the swap, body import permits or some sort of documentation cancelling registration, etc of a previously registered in SL)

We're lucky labour in Sri Lanka is cheap. The labour cost to carry out that "conversion" in some countries would be more than the cost of an actual 150 series Land Cruiser. 

Exactly what i was thinking. This conversion is like from capable off-road to pavement princes?
Guess 90% "capable off road" SUVs in Sri Lanka aren't being used beyond the paved roads anyway, but for some reason it seems to me like a souped up Bolero, something feels wrong with it but I can't put my finger on what

4 hours ago, Jason Bourne said:
4 hours ago, kmeeg said:
Exactly what i was thinking. This conversion is like from capable off-road to pavement princes?

Guess 90% "capable off road" SUVs in Sri Lanka aren't being used beyond the paved roads anyway, but for some reason it seems to me like a souped up Bolero, something feels wrong with it but I can't put my finger on what

Dumi##a Bodykits. That's whats wrong with it.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 12:53 PM, K.o.N.o.S said:

I just started following "Car Wizard". Seems like a good channel.

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2019 at 1:27 PM, Jason Bourne said:
On 7/30/2019 at 12:38 PM, kmeeg said:

It's the wheels, I've seen Boleros converted to Hummers with better looking wheels

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Ahh those demon eyes.??..BTW the trailer looks promising.

3 hours ago, matroska said:

hohoho lurking...  menacingly...hope this is something like UG/UG2/MW  ....

IKR? can't get better than than the car I'm a hopeless fanboi of featuring on the latest trailer of the racing game series I'm a fanboi of... I fanboi'd so hard it hurt :D