• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

7 hours ago, iRage said:

He is missing some coconut, maldive fish and chilli to go with that :) 

Ha ha.. I have them at home..I get maldive fish & spices every 2 months. I'll die if I don't have them.. ?

9 hours ago, matroska said:

:D there's even  a good old packet of Harishchandra flour  :D 

Harishchandra noodles to be exact.. ?

14 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

There ain't no Sri Lankan who isn't a Sambola fan

13 hours ago, matroska said:

yeah but some can't just live without it ? 

Yes....thus why he replenishes his ingredient stock every two months :D When my parents come to visit me their suitcases look like they are smuggling spices....

12 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Sambola + bread or sambola + white rice ?

Roast pan !!!

If with rice..I need the rice to slightly over cooked :D

• Like 2

æ¥ç£ãæ°åè»ã®ç»å ´ãäºåã次æã¸ã¥ã¼ã¯ã

oh looky ! We are going to see the new Joke JOKE JUKE in September...

EDIT : Damn autocorrect...keeps changing joke in to joke

EDIT EDIT : Damn it....autocorrect keeps changing jUke in to jOke :D

Edited by iRage
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, iRage said:

If with rice..I need the rice to slightly over cooked

Exactly. So the sambola sticks to the rice ... you can eat just rice and sambol if the rice is like that. 

Next best thing is with string-hoppers, and finally with good old roast-paan.  Damn it it's 4pm i'm in office and now I'm hungry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, iRage said:

æ¥ç£ãæ°åè»ã®ç»å ´ãäºåã次æã¸ã¥ã¼ã¯ã

oh looky ! We are going to see the new Joke JOKE JUKE in September...

EDIT : Damn autocorrect...keeps changing joke in to joke

EDIT EDIT : Damn it....autocorrect keeps changing jUke in to jOke :D

I will shut my eyes the moment I see it!

2 hours ago, Davy said:

Thoughts on reliable cars by an unreliable "mechanic".  :D 

2 hours ago, iRage said:

But lets be honest.....its obvious that he has been inhaling some premo supremo stuff back in the day (and still do) :D 

What makes Scotty unreliable? I know he is bit of an old school guy type guy. I thought his channel is considered as one of the prominent automotive related channels in YouTube 

25 minutes ago, Magnum said:

What makes Scotty unreliable? I know he is bit of an old school guy type guy. I thought his channel is considered as one of the prominent automotive related channels in YouTube 

Who knows who he really is machan..

At least as per the FB vehicle groups I’m in I cannot say Scotty is wrong. It’s surprising to hear about some brands we think reliable has so many problems where owner complain.

But even been a Toyota owner its bit hard to listen to his talks.

Anyways it’s not always reliability that matters. 

2 hours ago, Magnum said:

He is a bit of a controversial guy. There are so many reddit threads that discuss about his credibility. There is no doubt that he has 50 years worth of experience, but that's where it ends IMO.

Take this video for example, he rants about how Toyota is reliable because it's made in Japan and the Japanese culture is what's behind it. By that logic, all Japanese makes should be as reliable as Toyota. He worships the Celica of his and goes on about how it's the best car on the planet. ? These are just to name a couple. 

6 hours ago, Magnum said:

He speaks from his experience (and his preferences) rather than facts

Most of his car reviews are for USA market-specific versions of what we have here. I've found John Cadogan a much better car reviewer than Scotty, he is way more entertaining :D

Edited by Hyaenidae

6 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Who knows who he really is machan..

At least as per the FB vehicle groups I’m in I cannot say Scotty is wrong. It’s surprising to hear about some brands we think reliable has so many problems where owner complain.

But even been a Toyota owner its bit hard to listen to his talks.

Anyways it’s not always reliability that matters. 

4 hours ago, Davy said:

He is a bit of a controversial guy. There are so many reddit threads that discuss about his credibility. There is no doubt that he has 50 years worth of experience, but that's where it ends IMO.

Take this video for example, he rants about how Toyota is reliable because it's made in Japan and the Japanese culture is what's behind it. By that logic, all Japanese makes should be as reliable as Toyota. He worships the Celica of his and goes on about how it's the best car on the planet. ? These are just to name a couple. 

57 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

He speaks from his experience (and his preferences) rather than facts

Most of his car reviews are for USA market-specific versions of what we have here. I've found John Cadogan a much better car reviewer than Scotty, he is way more entertaining :D

I agree with you guys.The thing is Scotty doesnt go in to detail, he only gives an overview. This is what I think makes us doubt his claims.

I was going to mention John Cadogan, I find him also similar to Scotty. He also doesnt go into detail regarding the topic he talks about nor provides any evidence. Also John Cadogan's and Scotty's videos may not be attract for those who prefer to tune their vehicles.

watch this video of him John talking about how ECU tuning is a terrible thing

Yes, ECU tuning is risky and can total your engine or break parts of your engine( happened to a friend of mine) but if it's done properly and safely you won't have issues. 

Engineering Explained is a channel which is completely opposite to the two I have mentioned above. However, someone with little knowledge of cars would find it difficult to understand the videos of Jason Fenske compared to the videos of Scotty and John.

I think it comes down to what level of details and information you are looking for.