• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

2 hours ago, Jason Bourne said:

Has anyone ever heard about this phenomenon?

Scientific research is one area which is completely bastardized nowadays. Some scientists are worse than politicians. They will do anything to blow up a rare/ virtually non-existent phenomenon, just to build a reputation for themselves and eventually attain celebrity status. 

After going thru the wikipedia article, I noticed that the whole 'aphantasia' thingy is based on one scientific research by a guy called Adam Zeman and suddenly there are thousands of people around the world with 'aphantasia'.

Ill be very careful of it... and you have no idea to what extent some crooked scientists will go, to gain money, reputation and fame. Google 'Andrew Wakefield' if you are not convinced.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

See, that sounds way cooler :D 

I think they are both sound beautiful in their own ways! 
The LFA sounds much like a past generation F1 car while the Nissan GTR with its turbo sounds very harsh and brutal.

You should also listen to the Mazda 787B, it's not a road going car but damn it sounds dope!

1 hour ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Saw this on a Toyota Mark II GX100 ad:

2019-07-15-19-53-34.png

6/8 of a km = 750m per liter

18/20 of a km = 900m per liter...

But then again..we are talking about litter...so I suppose it depends on the type of litter ?

But to be honest....the Mark X with a 2.5L V6 pretty much did 6ish in the city and I drove in the thick of traffic from Battaramulla to Wellawatte and back everyday....Galle runs did about 16kmpl on average

10 hours ago, iRage said:

6/8 of a km = 750m per liter

18/20 of a km = 900m per liter...

But then again..we are talking about litter...so I suppose it depends on the type of litter ?

But to be honest....the Mark X with a 2.5L V6 pretty much did 6ish in the city and I drove in the thick of traffic from Battaramulla to Wellawatte and back everyday....Galle runs did about 16kmpl on average

Me thinks that a kilo of biodegradable litter can u get farther. Also how does a 2.5L V6 car get 16kmpl on long distance while a 1.3L Starlet does the same as its best?!? Or is my sarcasm detector broken again? :P

1 hour ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Me thinks that a kilo of biodegradable litter can u get farther. Also how does a 2.5L V6 car get 16kmpl on long distance while a 1.3L Starlet does the same as its best?!? Or is my sarcasm detector broken again? :P

In the Mark X....when doing 100-120kmph.the gearbox shift to 6th and the engine just purrs at like 2000 - 2500 rpm....whilst the smaller engine capacity cars do have to work a lot harder. The RAV4 got about 12  and the 3rd gen CRV got about 14 heavier by about 50 - 75 kg, shaped like a box. Large engines are pretty good at cruising...but not good at sitting in city traffic. Smaller engines are reverse (albeit with modern tech the gap has significantly reduced)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iRage said:

In the Mark X....when doing 100-120kmph.the gearbox shift to 6th and the engine just purrs at like 2000 - 2500 rpm....whilst the smaller engine capacity cars do have to work a lot harder. The RAV4 got about 12  and the 3rd gen CRV got about 14 heavier by about 50 - 75 kg, shaped like a box. Large engines are pretty good at cruising...but not good at sitting in city traffic. Smaller engines are reverse (albeit with modern tech the gap has significantly reduced)

Agreed! But I guess it's difficult to get above 10 on the mark II/X around the kandy-colombo road even when keeping the revs below 3.5k, or am I wrong on that too? In the end it's all about gearing and driving style.

Edited by □AVANTE□

3 minutes ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Agreed! But I guess it's difficult to get above 10 on the mark II/X around the kandy-colombo road even when keeping the revs below 3.5k, or am I wrong on that too? In the end it's all about gearing and driving style.

Hmmm....never gone to Kandy in the Mark X....so no idea....but on open roads it was pretty efficient. Did a run to Sigiriya a few times plus Galle to Hambathota on normal roads and fuel efficiency was pretty much the same as doing the Galle highway (within the same range...so not horrifically bad.) In fact on work trips everyone preferred to take the Mark X because it was a lot more comfier and as efficient as everyone else's X-Trails and Lancer EXs and Allions :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Not very often you see Land cruiser 200 do off-road. In this case modified LC200.

Well..not in SL because 90% of the people who can afford them buy it for show-off or to soften their tushies....LCs going off road is quite common in Australia, South Africa, Tanzania and Malawi.....also, the UN takes these things on harsh terrains every minute :)

Those mods are pretty sweet though. 

Edited by iRage

9 hours ago, iRage said:

Well..not in SL because 90% of the people who can afford them buy it for show-off or to soften their tushies....LCs going off road is quite common in Australia, South Africa, Tanzania and Malawi.....also, the UN takes these things on harsh terrains every minute :)

Those mods are pretty sweet though. 

I’ve been following couple of YouTubers and they are using LC70 (not the LC200). Though I’ve never owned or driven one had fallen in love with the LC70s.

I also follow one insane group that uses old LC80s and a Isuzu D max ute, their videos are insane. (The channel is 4wd action)

The LC70s are very old school whilst the other Land Cruisers have gotten a bit gimmicky with its 4WD system. Granted the base and outdoorsy versions Toyota specs out and sells the UN and NGOs and in markets like Africa still have the old fashioned 4WD systems.

THe LC70 on hard terrain feels...well...still feels like a 80s/90s off roader. Perhaps the only difference is that the interior feels a bit ore civilized in its upholstery padding. The steering has an old fashioned "circulating ball system....at low speeds it is heavy and feels like you are steering a bloody boat (like an old fashioned jeep)..but you put it off road it kind of all works well together..

• Like 1