• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

On 6/2/2019 at 1:11 AM, ghostwriter said:

This went on sale last week in Australia. It looks rubbish! Based on the comments on social media, quite a lot of people don’t seem to be liking it.

13 hours ago, Magnum said:

This went on sale last week in Australia. It looks rubbish! Based on the comments on social media, quite a lot of people don’t seem to be liking it.

It looks hideous!! I mean what was Toyota thinking?

5 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

This is what happens when safety takes precedence over the aesthetics (and there is no way of avoiding it). The front-nose came about because the previous nose-less models were having trouble meeting increasing safety standards (yes..Japan still has the old nose-less model because safety standards in Japan, especially for commercial vehicles, are still crap and most updates will not take effect until 2021). On the plus side..this model apparently had gotten a 5 star rating in A-NCAP tests and were commended for it. But yes...the compromise is that it does not have the simple and nimble practical functionality of the old model.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 6:14 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Did you ever try Hot Pursuit 2010? Loved it to bits with all those weapons (EMP, Spike Strip, Jammers etc) and stuff. Online gameplay was awesome too.

This needed a little getting used to. But nothing can beat original Underground, U2 and original Most Wanted. Completed The Run as well, but slightly too heavy for my rather mediocre laptop.

16 minutes ago, Sam B said:

This needed a little getting used to. But nothing can beat original Underground, U2 and original Most Wanted. Completed The Run as well, but slightly too heavy for my rather mediocre laptop.

If you enjoyed the original Most Wanted you'd definitely enjoy Driver: San Francisco.

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

For me the most realistic NFS experience were Shift and shift unleashed. I loved the feeling of being in the cockpit view. If you want the most realistic of them all try “Project cars”.

Edited by K.o.N.o.S

On 6/6/2019 at 10:20 AM, K.o.N.o.S said:

On 6/6/2019 at 3:20 PM, iRage said:

This is what happens when safety takes precedence over the aesthetics (and there is no way of avoiding it). The front-nose came about because the previous nose-less models were having trouble meeting increasing safety standards (yes..Japan still has the old nose-less model because safety standards in Japan, especially for commercial vehicles, are still crap and most updates will not take effect until 2021). On the plus side..this model apparently had gotten a 5 star rating in A-NCAP tests and were commended for it. But yes...the compromise is that it does not have the simple and nimble practical functionality of the old model.

Irage is correct, though the 200 series Hiace was selling like hot cakes in Aussie, it was lagging behind its competitors in safety segment.

Btw looks like someone has brought one down to SL

Image may contain: sky, tree, car and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, car and outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

Not TL ?

I doubt this would be that popular in SL (atleast for the next foreseeable years) even if this was offered in SL cheaper than even happened to be better than the 200 series mainly because of the SL market's mentality. What is ironic is vans originally did have front noses....Also, in SL people do not seem to care that much about safety....

Edited by iRage

2 hours ago, iRage said:

SL market's mentality

SL Market would be happy if they kept making the 'Dolpin'  with small incremental cosmetic updates - just look at the obsession with the 'Vits' and the 'Aliyan/Pramiyo'  

2 minutes ago, matroska said:

SL Market would be happy if they kept making the 'Dolpin'  with small incremental cosmetic updates - just look at the obsession with the 'Vits' and the 'Aliyan/Pramiyo'  

It would be great if they made the 121 and 240 too just for the SL market. Those are the "Deadpools" of the Toyota lineup - you just can't kill them even if you wanted to. I think the obsession for the Vitz and the Allion and Premio too stems up from their reliability

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

It would be great if they made the 121 and 240 too just for the SL market. Those are the "Deadpools" of the Toyota lineup - you just can't kill them even if you wanted to. I think the obsession for the Vitz and the Allion and Premio too stems up from their reliability

I don't know the practicality of this but if like India started producing the Maruti800 after  Suzuki discontinued that model - we could have made simple motors like that here - maybe starting off with something like the 110. 

7 hours ago, iRage said:

Not TL ?

I doubt this would be that popular in SL (atleast for the next foreseeable years) even if this was offered in SL cheaper than even happened to be better than the 200 series mainly because of the SL market's mentality. What is ironic is vans originally did have front noses....Also, in SL people do not seem to care that much about safety....

Doesn’t seem to be a TL import.

i don’t how successful it would be in Australia either. According to the reviews the 1GD engine in it is similar to what’s found on the Hilux, the 1GD has issues with dust being pulled into the engine and it also has some DPF issues. Both of these issues were found on the Hilux.

Another thing is, this model is bigger on the outside but it’s almost the same size inside, which means it would be difficult for trade men to park these in the CBD areas.

On 6/9/2019 at 10:54 AM, Magnum said:

Irage is correct, though the 200 series Hiace was selling like hot cakes in Aussie, it was lagging behind its competitors in safety segment.

Btw looks like someone has brought one down to SL

Image may contain: sky, tree, car and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, car and outdoor

Image may contain: outdoor

You would have flipped when you saw this eh? Sleepless nights??

Edited by tiv

21 hours ago, tiv said:

You would have flipped when you saw this eh? Sleepless nights??

Toyota had been hinting this design for couple of months now, I flipped out every time it came up on my Facebook newsfeed :D 

On the bright side, Toyota Japan will be continuing the old design

Image result for great success