• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

59 minutes ago, matroska said:

this was posted in a local vw group  but  i dont think so 1. The background doesn't look like LK 2. such a modification if done in SL would look shoddy. 

Also the bits in the car kinda costly to muck about with here 

At least they stayed true to the Toyota brand, unlike the VW Beetle above which has been crossed with Hyundai, Toyota and God-knows-what-other-brands parts. :D

Looks like they have done a serious "cross" though. The wheelbase of the LC looks really long. Maybe chassis extensions. I wonder if it's road legal. Has licence plates, so must be. 

11 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Please tell me this is photoshop.. How could someone do this to a LC79..

This is more hideous than that guy opened a 4 yr old thread.

Notice the reflection, it does not look like a photoshop job.

6 hours ago, Davy said:

At least they stayed true to the Toyota brand, unlike the VW Beetle above which has been crossed with Hyundai, Toyota and God-knows-what-other-brands parts. :D

Looks like they have done a serious "cross" though. The wheelbase of the LC looks really long. Maybe chassis extensions. I wonder if it's road legal. Has licence plates, so must be. 

The have also moved the wheel arches forward and the way they have merged the wider commuter body is pretty neat

So this is a Land Cruiser that was extended and HiAce body put on the back ?

Would be interesting to find out why ? Might have been simpler to just buy a Hiace..extend that and upgrade the drive-train to a proper old fashioned part-time 4WD system.

55 minutes ago, iRage said:

Would be interesting to find out why ? Might have been simpler to just buy a Hiace..extend that and upgrade the drive-train to a proper old fashioned part-time 4WD system.

My guess is its used as a motorhome/camper. You find a lot of them in Aus and  it might just be cheaper to create this monstrosity than to to buy an actual motorhome/camper.

@Davy isn't that an NT registration?

NT has some rocky and dusty terrain, which might not be accessible in a run-on-the-mill camper. So that might also be a reason for this creativity.

Edit: Here's one more example of aussie creativity:

digiads_car_ads_95732_1.jpg

These guys specialize in creating monsters: https://4x4motorhomes.com.au/our-vehicles/conversions/

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, iRage said:

I dont think that's an easy job, My KDH206(AWD) looks far different underneath around the front of the van compared to a KDH201(RWD). Also only Japan got the KDH206/KDH205 version, all the other markets got different variants of RWD models and Japan imports are bit pricey in Australia.

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Crosswind said:

@Davy isn't that an NT registration?

Looks like a Queensland plate to me.

After a bit of Googling on local websites, I found the following. The conversion is done by a company. It's called the LANDACE. :D It's a camper van, so @Crosswind is right. 

https://www.bus4x4.com.au/vehicles/campervan-2013-toyota-landace-conversion

52 minutes ago, Davy said:

Looks like a Queensland plate to me.

After a bit of Googling on local websites, I found the following. The conversion is done by a company. It's called the LANDACE. :D It's a camper van, so @Crosswind is right. 

https://www.bus4x4.com.au/vehicles/campervan-2013-toyota-landace-conversion

The marked price for this is $90,000 all inclusive. A proper motorhome in Aus will cost about $150,000 so this conversion appears to be far cheaper.

Hopefully there are no Sri Lankans of Bangladeshis doing this business over there. If so, you will probably find two accident-writeoffs  welded together and being sold for very cheap.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Crosswind said:

The marked price for this is $90,000 all inclusive. A proper motorhome in Aus will cost about $150,000 so this conversion appears to be far cheaper.

Hopefully there are no Sri Lankans of Bangladeshis doing this business over there. If so, you will probably find two accident-writeoffs  welded together and being sold for very cheap.

but it says the the vehicle is empty with a HiAce van shell, so would not that mean that the 90,000 is just for the converted vehicle but not the interior fitment ? So the fitment you want would depend on how deep one's pockets are and how crazy the ideas are...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, iRage said:

but it says the the vehicle is empty with a HiAce van shell, so would not that mean that the 90,000 is just for the converted vehicle but not the interior fitment ? So the fitment you want would depend on how deep one's pockets are and how crazy the ideas are...

Good point. I wonder what attracts aussies to choose this over a purpose built motor home