• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

On 4/18/2020 at 9:07 AM, kmeeg said:

With new shoes..?

KM1_4970-3.jpg

I just remembered. These appear in the 'Black Panther' movie, with a few mods, in the chase scene with the two Lexus (Lexii?) at night. You can open the rear windshield right? 

Except in the movie the dumb henchmen just shoot through the glass?

Edited by AVANTE

7 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Damnn. Thats sick. Not a fan of the nightshade edition?

Not too much into style machan. Just wanted full time 4wd for Mrs.

As for the Rubicon at if I got front locker and sway bay disconnect i should be good. Im not too worried about minor electronics,  as long as powertrain is solid and can take me home id be fine. However now I'd lost lot of money if I trade in my 4runner. So I would use it little more. 

Silver one is mine and the black one is my buddy who is also from SL.

IMG_20200302_155028_841.jpg

6 hours ago, AVANTE said:

I just remembered. These appear in the 'Black Panther' movie, with a few mods, in the chase scene with the two Lexus (Lexii?) at night. You can open the rear windshield right? 

Except in the movie the dumb henchmen just shoot through the glass?

Yes machan, there's a power window down for the rear glass but an utter poor design. Due to its boxy shape in

rear all the dust suck in to the car. If i keep it open on a trail it would be a huge mess.

5 hours ago, madmax said:

I admit it! Covid boredom has set in and here I am checking Autolanka after 4 yrs! LOL

5 hours ago, kmeeg said:

You have to send me a box of biriyani after this Covid for getting you back here.. LoL ?

Here madmax: If you're shipping around boxes of 'biriyani', well then...hook a brother up! :D 

15 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Yes machan, there's a power window down for the rear glass but an utter poor design. Due to its boxy shape in

rear all the dust suck in to the car. If i keep it open on a trail it would be a huge mess.

The winding rear door glass has always been a charm point of all the Hilux Surfs and 4Runners...but yes..the air would get sucked.

I had the same problem with the 3rd gen. But half the problem is the diffuser/spoiler in the back (on top of the door). It was put on by Toyota to keep the rear glass clean by directing wind through the vents on the diffuser and on to the glass. The 3rd Gen SSR without the rear diffuser did not have the problem as bad as I did :(. But the rear glass winding down is quite useful on camping trips (and shoping trips). I suppose the new ones have a remote button on the key fob to wind it down ? In my one I had to put the kiey in and hold it twisted for the thing to go down..which sort of killed the ease if you were carrying anything heavy.

7 hours ago, iRage said:

I suppose the new ones have a remote button on the key fob to wind it down ?

This option to be programmed by the dealer (for free). When its enabled when you press and hold unlock button it will open all glasses (4 doors, rear glass & sunroof). This can be done your self if you buy a tool like Carista ($30). 

On 4runner Limited there is up and down arrows outside the lift gate which allows you to roll up and down the glass and lock / unlock the doors from the rear lift gate.

image.thumb.png.2f129fa0ebdd1c50fe1d0aad9cabc230.png

Yeah all the windows going down is there to beprogrammed in almost all Toyotas now...but I thought there would be an option to just roll down the rear gate window. Seems a bit silly to put all of them down when all you want to do is throw in a picnic mat in the back :D or tow rope in the back.

@Kavvz

Since I do not want to clutter that guy's thread ..I will reply to you hear:

Dude...if the owner of a car looks like the car..don't you think the owner of a new Prius would look like this ?

The Predator movie trailer coming SOON, release date, cast and ...

Okay..he looks more like a Prius Prime 

New 2020 Toyota Prius Prime LE 5D Hatchback in East Rochester ...

So a New Normal Prius owner would look like the Predator stoned :)

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, iRage said:

@Kavvz

Dude...if the owner of a car looks like the car..don't you think the owner of a new Prius would look like this ?

lol !! True! I guess this is the car for people in Sri Lanka who have additional / protruding Canine teeth ( which in sinhalese is refered to as 'Naa-la' teeth or Eye-teeth)  :D

Also Good call moving away from cluttering that thread. I'll try and do the same ! ?

• Haha 1

That moment when you see your home country being referenced in an auto journal in Japan 1f642.png:)

Basically the article talks about second hand vehicle prices in Japan. The specific paragraph refers to how a small engined car like the 1L Vitz and even the small engined Raize has good after sale value because countries like Sri Lanka buy loads of it 1f642.png:)

Yes..we Sri Lankans buy so much of the cheapos that we are actually pushing up the value of some used cars 1f603.png

Image may contain: text

Mini Cooper Electric renames Corona Spoke wheels to Power Spoke

Due to obvious reasons, Mini USA has changed the name of ‘Corona Spoke’ wheels used on Mini Cooper SE electric car to ‘Power Spoke’. These uniquely designed wheels carry a futuristic look and feel and have been tested for improved aerodynamics.

With a global disaster now associated with the term, the company appears to have made a prudent decision with the renaming exercise.

https://www.rushlane.com/mini-cooper-electric-corona-wheels-12358670.html

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2020 at 11:14 AM, iRage said:

@Kavvz

Weren't the new Lexus grilles nicknamed the "Predator grille" for this very reason? Lol

Edited by AVANTE

16 hours ago, AVANTE said:

Saw this a week back. Aero queen is the name I think? Still, I like the pricing number.. Nice. 

Yep it is an Aero Queen, there are some older models in SL too and some Aero King as well

• Like 1