• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

toyota vitz Vs mazda demio

kasdesilva

Question

25 answers to this question

11 hours ago, kasdesilva said:

is there any rack problem in demio?

There's no "special" rack problem inherent to Demios . Like any other car in SL it will need repairs once in while. My Demio has clocked 80,000km upto now and replaced rack ends at 65k.

Compared to similar aged cars , I think it has fared better.

I don't see a problem in resale value  because you buy low and then sell low.  Margin will be same as vitz.  Sometimes, you will be able to make a nice profit as well. 

Unlike earlier days there are lot of options around 2.5 - 3 milllion category , you get indian brand new vehicles , korean & malayasian counterparts , used japanease ones like vitz and also much new ones such as nissan leaf . 

So better to get a car that you suits you needs and that you will enojy. If you drive a demio for 2 -3 weeks I don't think you will be looking at a Vitz again. 

Edited by Maxii
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Maxii said:

There's no "special" rack problem inherent to Demios . Like any other car in SL it will need repairs once in while. My Demio has clocked 80,000km upto now and replaced rack ends at 65k.

Compared to similar aged cars , I think it has fared better.

I don't see a problem in resale value  because you buy low and then sell low.  Margin will be same as vitz.  Sometimes, you will be able to make a nice profit as well. 

Unlike earlier days there are lot of options around 2.5 - 3 milllion category , you get indian brand new vehicles , korean & malayasian counterparts , used japanease ones like vitz and also much new ones such as nissan leaf . 

So better to get a car that you suits you needs and that you will enojy. If you drive a demio for 2 -3 weeks I don't think you will be looking at a Vitz again. 

thanks 

21 hours ago, zeem35 said:

Just out of cuiosity.

How much is the currebt gen registered Mazda 2 hatchback?

I cant find atleast 1 in any classfield sites.

The full option interior is fabulous!

Mazda-2-interior-pic.jpg

I got mine for 5.6mn back in July last year, now it will cost you around 6.4mn :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, car_lover2015 said:

I got mine for 5.6mn back in July last year, now it will cost you around 6.4mn :)

i think used one will be lower. However good luck finding some one who is willing to sell.

On 30/04/2017 at 4:40 PM, zeem35 said:

Just out of cuiosity.

How much is the currebt gen registered Mazda 2 hatchback?

I cant find atleast 1 in any classfield sites.

The full option interior is fabulous!

Mazda-2-interior-pic.jpg

Mazda's interiors are the best compared to boring interiors of Toyota's and Nissan's. Even better than Honda's. You get the feeling of a European interior when you sit in one of these.

Here is the interior of the latest Mazda Axela/3:wub:

mazda3-2016-8.jpg

Mazdas look best inside and out.

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, zeem35 said:

Top spec?

Well, agents only bring down the basic model but they call it "High Spec" model. As far as i know Mazda have two different production lines, 1 for European market and the other one for Asian market. So we are not getting some of the "great" features that Mazda offer such as (istop, blind spot monitoring, active driving display ecc.. )

8 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Mazda's interiors are the best compared to boring interiors of Toyota's and Nissan's. Even better than Honda's. You get the feeling of a European interior when you sit in one of these.

Here is the interior of the latest Mazda Axela/3:wub:

mazda3-2016-8.jpg

Mazdas look best inside and out.

Yes i totally agree with you :)

1 hour ago, car_lover2015 said:

Well, agents only bring down the basic model but they call it "High Spec" model. As far as i know Mazda have two different production lines, 1 for European market and the other one for Asian market. So we are not getting some of the "great" features that Mazda offer such as (istop, blind spot monitoring, active driving display ecc.. )

Totally agree. Same for the Mazda 3.

I thought at least in 2017 they will import the 3 with Skyactiv engine. But still they bring down 1.6L DOHC with 4 speed gearbox.

And it misses all the features that its JDM variant Axela has like active driving display, lane departure warning, LED head lamps with DRL, climate control, rear LED combination lamp, i-stop idling system.

But has a price tag of 9.3M.:mellow:

1 hour ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Totally agree. Same for the Mazda 3.

I thought at least in 2017 they will import the 3 with Skyactiv engine. But still they bring down 1.6L DOHC with 4 speed gearbox.

And it misses all the features that its JDM variant Axela has like active driving display, lane departure warning, LED head lamps with DRL, climate control, rear LED combination lamp, i-stop idling system.

But has a price tag of 9.3M.:mellow:

9.3M for a Mazda 3 is just ridiculous. :angry:

Pay less, get a mazda 2 and you will get more options than a M3 lol (Skyactiv engine, LED headlamps with DRL, 6 speed gearbox blah blah)

13 hours ago, car_lover2015 said:

9.3M for a Mazda 3 is just ridiculous. :angry:

Pay less, get a mazda 2 and you will get more options than a M3 lol (Skyactiv engine, LED headlamps with DRL, 6 speed gearbox blah blah)

Even the Mazda 6 2L does not have DRL, lane departure warning etc etc. However compared to all other vehicles i owned, the driving experience is superb. I love it when you slow down in the highway on cruise control and press the reset it just accelerates like a rocket with that great sound coming from the engine. Comparatively my Vezel takes ages to accelerate back to 100Km/h. :D

I regularly go in a new Mazda 2 a friend of mine owns it also has the same type of zip. Sadly its missing that lovely engine noise in the cabin. :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Even the Mazda 6 2L does not have DRL, lane departure warning etc etc. However compared to all other vehicles i owned, the driving experience is superb. I love it when you slow down in the highway on cruise control and press the reset it just accelerates like a rocket with that great sound coming from the engine. Comparatively my Vezel takes ages to accelerate back to 100Km/h. :D

I regularly go in a new Mazda 2 a friend of mine owns it also has the same type of zip. Sadly its missing that lovely engine noise in the cabin. :rolleyes:

Of course Mazdas are fun to drive. The 2L Mazda 6 may miss DRL and some other features, but most importantly it has the Skyactiv engine and 6 speed triptronic transmission making it even more fun to motor.:)

49 minutes ago, Quiet said:

That is interesting...I have driven the 1.5L and 2.0L gasoline and Hybrid Axelas, and the 2.5L Atenza. They were all very quiet and cozy and even the 2.5L only had a bit of noise when I was driving it hard and it did have a better exhaust tome with the sporty exhaust. The 2L and the 2.5L were quite peppy..but the 1.5L was just okay after driving the Hybrid and the 2.0L gasoline (not that it was bad or sluggish...just wasn't something to write home about). It wasn't slow, but nor was it that quick; in fact I felt the previous gen 1.5L Axelas were peppier. Perhaps the added weight of the new Axela (as well as over the Mazda 2) makes a bit of a difference ?

As for the noise...perhaps it has to do with the market and how they sound proof it ? But then the Mazda 2 is there...hmmm

Granted yes...the Mazdas do feel nicer to drive overall compared to a lot of its competition, especially the steering feel. Although, I must admit I drove a new Corolla Altis 2.0L Sport here in VN with the larger/wider wheels and I actually did like it....kind of reminiscent of the old school Toyotas. The 1.6L was a bit of a let down because of the feather weight steering feel although the body moved pretty well.

Edited by iRage

3 hours ago, iRage said:

As for the noise...perhaps it has to do with the market and how they sound proof it ? But then the Mazda 2 is there...hmmm

Yeah i guess they have done some cost cutting. Even the trunk is not entirely covered and all the lines and wires are visible. 

14 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Yeah i guess they have done some cost cutting. Even the trunk is not entirely covered and all the lines and wires are visible. 

Is this the 2 or the 6 you are referring to ?

I meant...if the sound proofing has to do with markets...why is the 2 quieter (less engine noise) than the 6 according to your expereince..

7 hours ago, Quiet said:

I haven't had a chance to drive the 6 yet :( but one of my friends has it. Unfortunately this Sri Lankan Mazda 2 doesn't come with cruise control (Yeah let's call it Sri lankan Mazda 2 lol :P

On 5/4/2017 at 8:53 AM, Quiet said:

That's actually pretty strange to me as I personally feel that 2 has better response than the 6 at the low end. The 6 takes a little time to wind up compared to the 2 but of course at higher speeds it has the advantage. 

22 hours ago, iRage said:

Is this the 2 or the 6 you are referring to ?

I meant...if the sound proofing has to do with markets...why is the 2 quieter (less engine noise) than the 6 according to your expereince..

Well Mazda 2 in early 2016 was around Rs.5.20Mn whilst Mazda 6 2L at the same time was around Rs.7.50Mn (It was offered at 7Mn in Aug 2015).  Also i think the 2L variant is purposefully toned down to reduce price to suite SL market. I dont think the 2 is toned down considering the price range. Unfortunately i have not driven a 2.5L car to compare.

On 4/28/2017 at 6:15 PM, kasdesilva said:

i didn't got it. do u mean resale value not good? is there any rack problem in demio?

Since you were also particular about the resale value  , read this thread about 7 years ago and compare the prices now . You will realize it's about the model of the car and supply and demand rather than the make. 

Just compare the prices of the cars in the similar era  and in the same category from Toyota , Honda , Mazda etc. and decide for yourself which has held the value more.

Edited by Maxii