• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel station strike

Clark's son

2 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

Decided to stay at home today. I did not want to queue up for hours and in the end put my luck to test.

well there was less traffic today as well :) I had about 15 litres (more than enough for a few days) left  BUT as a precautionary measure i tried activating thel-higanna mode ... basically just drove a bit smoother - amazing what mileage you can achieve when you put your mind to it ... :D 

Edited by matroska

16 hours ago, matroska said:

well there was less traffic today as well :) I had about 15 litres (more than enough for a few days) left  BUT as a precautionary measure i tried activating thel-higanna mode ... basically just drove a bit smoother - amazing what mileage you can achieve when you put your mind to it ... :D 

Still the good old neutral gear to use at extreme situations.

I had to travel from Colombo to Negombo and back on Monday. Had a full tank of fuel but wanted to save as much as possible since there was no indication when the strike would be over. So I ran the car without aircon. 

One of the worst days of 2017... It was so hot!