Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

ajm

what are the special privileges for Sri Lanka citizens that non-citizens in Sri Lanka do not get

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, ajm said:

 

usually kids have to decide between 18~22 if a dual-citizenship is not allowed in the "other" country.

What is the legal age in SL for acquiring property under own name,18 or is it higher?

So in theory,if the SL parent faces no untimely death, his or her property could be transferred to the child after turning 18 ,before the child renounces SL citizenship?

Citizenship selection depends on the other country as well. In SL it used to be 20 (which I had to do as I was born abroad). Not sure if its changed now. Either way if the other country is lower then it will be that. 

Yes. That is a way. But once the kid renounced citizenship, the property is now owned by a foreigner :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, iRage said:

But once the kid renounced citizenship, the property is now owned by a foreigner :)

theoretically similar situation as a Sri Lankan while owning property renounced his SL citizenship.

BTW anyone heard of property transfer issues the other way(ex-Sri Lankans' property transfer to a SL- citizen descendant)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ajm said:

theoretically similar situation as a Sri Lankan while owning property renounced his SL citizenship.

BTW anyone heard of property transfer issues the other way(ex-Sri Lankans' property transfer to a SL- citizen descendant)?

Interesting....by descent or not once a citizen of Sri Lanka, he/she is a citizen of Sri Lanka right ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iRage said:

by descent or not once a citizen of Sri Lanka, he/she is a citizen of Sri Lanka right ?

don't know, is there some legal background?

Until recently the SL citizenship was lost when acquiring another,now retention is possible (if the other country allows)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×