• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda GP5 Oil Changing

Navinath

Question

Hello,

I have couple of questions about my Honda Fit GP5.

1. I’m about to change my car’s transmission oil. Should I go for the company or it is safe to go for a reputed service station for this?

2. I used Mobil 0W-20 oil (fully synthetic) as the engine oil which I changed in every 7500 k.m. intervals. Now I’m planning to move to Toyota 0W-20 oil (Mineral 5000k.m.) considering facts like not heavy daily run, both service & oil change can be done at once, cost effectiveness. Is it OK to change the oil I used for sometime?

3. Before the above oil brand change (mentioned in 2.), is it needed to do an oil flush to wipe out the existing oil? if so what kind of chemicals should be used for this.

Many thanks.

Navinath

5 answers to this question

1. "Reputed" is subjective isn't it? So why not pay a visit to the agents. After all you wouldn't change transmission oil as often as engine oil. So better to do it at the agents and post your experience here.

2. It is perfectly OK. BTW oil change interval is either 5000 kms or 6 months whichever comes first.

3. No. You do not need a "flush". Just change oil and filter both.

1 hour ago, RoshanPer said:

I must say Rumesh you have given the wrong answer.

Never intermix Synthatic and Mineral Oils.They do not compatible because made differently.

Japan has summer temperatures above 30 Celsius. So dont go against manufacturer. Use 0w-20. Nothing higher than 20.

20 viscosity is maintain until 100 degrees. Oil temperature. 

Normal oik temperature if u check when engine running is less than 60 degrees.

Please if you dont know dont post wrong advice.

When did I advise anyone to MIX synthetic and mineral oils?

Edit: What do you mean by intermixing? Also there was no reference to change viscosity rating of oil, but just a change from 0W-20 synthetic to 0W-20 mineral. What exactly is wrong with that?

Edited by Rumesh88

I must say Rumesh you have given the wrong answer.

Never intermix Synthatic and Mineral Oils.They do not compatible because made differently.

Japan has summer temperatures above 30 Celsius. So dont go against manufacturer. Use 0w-20. Nothing higher than 20.

20 viscosity is maintain until 100 degrees. Oil temperature. 

Normal oik temperature if u check when engine running is less than 60 degrees.

Please if you dont know dont post wrong advice.

• Confused 2