• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

fb 15 super saloon 2001

evin

Question

hi,

my fb 15 super saloon had faced problem when climbing 18 bend .it is a sharp mountain spreading the mountan around 5.10 km.when I was driving  car was blocked and speed reduced.

when I was racing car not go fast. I consulted one of gear box repairer for this and he said replace the gear box.please advise.(eka digata thiyana kandaka yanakota car eka adda adda yanne speed aduwenawa,overtake karanna kohomath be. 

there is no any problem normal road .all the gears are changing very smoothly. pls advise consult good technician for this

Edited by evin

3 answers to this question

This would come under extreme driving conditions. switch to L or 2 on the auto selactor next time.

Do an ATF change for safety if you haven't done so , before the thing gives you headaches.

Edited by Twin Turbo

There are so many things that need to be checked before thinking about replacing the transmission. This is usually the response of local makabasses who don't know how to diagnose a problem properly. 

First of all, does the car rev up but fail to go uphill? If the engine races, but the car still doesn't move normally, it's probably a slipping transmission. In such cases, a proper ATF change should be done first (as TwinTurbo correctly said). Since you say you've done that already, how was it done? Was the oil drained out, filter replaced and the oil pan cleaned? If the issue persists, you can get the transmission repaired. Just go to a good mechanic. 

If the car doesn't rev up when you press the accelerator, then it might be due to many reasons, but since this happens only uphill, my first guess would be a blocked catalytic converter assuming your EFI system is all good. 

• Like 1