• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2017

Davy

Here's a compilation of some clips I managed to capture at the 2017 Australian Grand Prix. This was on race day - March 26th. Crank up that volume and watch. :) 

Although Hamilton started at pole position, his pitting strategy put him behind Vettel. Highlights below:

• Like 2

On 05/04/2017 at 1:23 PM, Davy said:

Here's a compilation of some clips I managed to capture at the 2017 Australian Grand Prix. This was on race day - March 26th. Crank up that volume and watch. :) 

Thanks for the video clip @Davy...seems like you managed to secure a good spot to watch the final race! Unfortunately, I could not attend this year..but watching your video clip kinda refreshed my memory :) 

Once again Thanks for the race update!

7 hours ago, MADZ said:

Thanks for the video clip @Davy...seems like you managed to secure a good spot to watch the final race! Unfortunately, I could not attend this year..but watching your video clip kinda refreshed my memory :) 

Once again Thanks for the race update!

No worries @MADZ. Yes, I squeezed myself in near the finish line to watch the end of the race. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here think that Honda has had their chances with McLaren and should admit failure and withdraw from F1? Or should they be given more chances (effectively another year or more) to deliver what they were supposed to?

Alonso has dropped a not so subtle outburst after Baharain last night, a one which is presumably targeted at (middle eastern) investors at McLaren to make a call. The options with McLaren is to persist with Honda and risk losing one or both drivers or to make a deal with Mercedes on an engine right now.

No matter how much McLaren tries to sweeten the deal with Alonso (Indy 500) and Vandoorne, things will come to a head sooner rather than later.

Edited by vishkid
inve"s"tors

• 2 months later...

Missed posting a few updates on this thread, but last weekend's race was something spectacular to watch. Ricardo takes the win while Hamilton and Vettel go through a bit of an incident. Many exciting moments and a great race overall!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Pericles said:

Fantastic point in the season. Chaos in Singapore! Some fabulous images from the start incident.

Opinions? IMO Vettel's fault, but not malicious. 

Kimi being Kimi had said something like sometimes your start is too good and then you get into trouble :D

Was about to post the video yesterday but got distracted and forgot. What a start that was. My opinion also is that it was Vettel who went across the track abruptly, pushing Verstappen into into Kimi's car, causing the Ferrari's rear wheel to be clipped off by the RedBull. Didn't expect this from an experienced driver like Vettel. Oh well, now this is clearly going to cost him the championship as Hamilton is now in the lead. 

According to the board "no one is at fault". :rolleyes:

Here's the race highlights video:

Edited by Davy

On 9/19/2017 at 3:55 PM, Pericles said:

Kimi being Kimi had said something like sometimes your start is too good and then you get into trouble :D

Ha ha, both Kimi and Fernando had good starts and got screwed. Fernando was P3 for a split second before his race was effectively ended for him

• 2 weeks later...

Malaysia 2017

*In Jeremy Clarkson's voice:* 

"Tonight..  Verstappen takes first on his birthday... 

Hamilton is reminded what second place tastes like... 

And Vettel crashes his car after the race!" :D