• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic 10th Gen 2016

civic2020

Hello everyone,

First up, I'm new here & want to know the following:  

Want to know if there is any specific reason/s that the new Honda Civic 2016 is not available through other dealers except for through Stafford Motors?  And that, at an overblown price of 9.5 million for the basic LX version (http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan#specifications)

Given that other models like the Vezel and Grace are everywhere, I'm curious as to know why the Civic is not so widely available.  

Additionally it's got some rave reviews & has won several car of the year awards among others: https://www.honda.ca/civic_sedan/awards

So yes, my question is, does anyone know why the Civic 2016 is not widely available?  

Thanks!

Honda-Civic-fron.jpg

Edited by civic2020
hyperlinks added

11 hours ago, civic2020 said:

Hello everyone,

Want to know if there is any specific reason/s that the new Honda Civic 2016 is not available through other dealers except for through Stafford Motors?  And that, at an overblown price of 9.5 million for the basic LX version (http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-sedan#specifications)

Given that other models like the Vezel and Grace are everywhere, I'm curious as to know why the Civic is not so widely available.  

Additionally it's got some rave reviews & has won several car of the year awards among others: https://www.honda.ca/civic_sedan/awards

So yes, my question is, does anyone know why the Civic 2016 is not widely available?  

Thanks!

Honda-Civic-fron.jpg

Simple answer is thel hingannnas has invaded the local car market. Majority will buy anything with a hybrid badge these days.

Recon importers dont want to get stuck with cars that will have a very small market share, also the model is fairly new so there maybe very limited cars that are being auctioned at this time.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Stig said:

Simple answer is thel hingannnas has invaded the local car market. Majority will buy anything with a hybrid badge these days.

Recon importers dont want to get stuck with cars that will have a very small market share, also the model is fairly new so there maybe very limited cars that are being auctioned at this time.

+1

I did hear Stafford will bring the 1.5 Turbo variant soon!But it will be expensive and not worth the money!! I did see one in person, it looked awesome! Had a really nice stance!

12 hours ago, The Stig said:

I know what you say!  Still the civic does have a combined rating of 14 Kmpl which could satisfy them, but I seriously doubt it.  

50 minutes ago, fiat fan said:

+1

I did hear Stafford will bring the 1.5 Turbo variant soon!But it will be expensive and not worth the money!! I did see one in person, it looked awesome! Had a really nice stance!

Sri Lanka & cars are two things that do not work well together.  I had a look at it at the showroom and it does look great, but with a price of 9.5 mil they got to be kiddin'.

5 hours ago, c1nder said:

And I they sell it here with a with crappy SOHC variant of the 1.6L R16 found on the 8th gen FD4. New body + old engine + new CVT gearbox

thats because of our insane duty structure. its the same with the current gen Mazda3. Its sold with the old 1.6 MZR instead of the 2.0 Skyactiv which is the standard engine in other markets

37 minutes ago, RWD said:

thats because of our insane duty structure. its the same with the current gen Mazda3. Its sold with the old 1.6 MZR instead of the 2.0 Skyactiv which is the standard engine in other markets

Thanks for that - it's enlightening to know the worst of our auto industry

2 hours ago, RWD said:

Thats why they sell it as 2L mazda 6 at a higher price than the mazda 3

2 hours ago, RWD said:

Brand new 1.6L Mazda 3 is also going around 9 million at the agents. 

17 hours ago, RWD said:

We need to relook at our luxury car measuring system. This whole cc based taxing will be redundant because most of the new cars will come with turbos. Also an axela with a 2l is no different to a 1.5 axio in terms of economy, so why is one being taxed more. 

On 29/03/2017 at 10:32 AM, civic2020 said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Honda-Civic-fron.jpg

Made in Thailand

No JDM version / not sold in Japan so cant get down from Japan as used/ zero mileage

LX specs in link is for US version, i was told that what is available in here is reasonably  equipped

Considering what people pay for Allion/ Premio (model introduced in 2007), CH-Rs (elevated hatch with very little room), Prius (Ugly duck) price does not seems unreasonable considering it is from agent with warranty.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RWD said:

this was brand new from colonial. it was one of the first 2 cars that came to SL

car sales mostly got down the hybrid versions

Sounds great, is it fair to say that the agents have an increased price of around 10% upwards of the other car sale prices?

6 hours ago, civic2020 said:

Sounds great, is it fair to say that the agents have an increased price of around 10% upwards of the other car sale prices?

i really don't know mate. It depends on the car I guess. In the case of the mazda3 and axela - the agents only imported the 1.6 petrol which wasn't a fully loaded car, as opposed to the axela 2.0 hybrid which was at the local car sales that had all the bells and whistles

I have no idea what the price difference between the 2 were. Preferred to go for the brand new with the warranty and no regrets. Especially since I had a couple of issues with the infotainment system and the suspension, both which were sorted out under warranty and could have been costly fixes otherwise.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 9:04 AM, kush said:

Made in Thailand

No JDM version / not sold in Japan so cant get down from Japan as used/ zero mileage

LX specs in link is for US version, i was told that what is available in here is reasonably  equipped

Considering what people pay for Allion/ Premio (model introduced in 2007), CH-Rs (elevated hatch with very little room), Prius (Ugly duck) price does not seems unreasonable considering it is from agent with warranty.

I did not know that Japan had stopped Civic manufacturing & sales within the country.  There is some news that they would reinstate production & sale :  http://www.reuters.com/article/honda-civic-idUSL5N1F11R4  So fingers crossed.  Yes, the model at the Showroom could be anyone of them except for the Touring which has LED Headlamps.