• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela 2004 Manual

san1985

Hi,

I’m planning to buy an Axela (2004 Manual model). I’ve searched and read almost all the posts related to this awesome car in autolanka forum and had a good understanding of it. I love the overall appearance and the performance of this car and I’m really eager to own a one.

However, I am bothered of one matter and hope the experts of this forum and existing owners could help me out.

I got really mixed thought about the fuel economy of Axela. Found out that it does well in following thread. (around 09-10kmpl in city limits in Outstations it do 13-14) And it is quite OK for me.

However in another old thread I found that it does only 6.5 kms per litre according to one owners claim.

Can you experts please shed some light on this matter please? This is the only thing that is holding me back.

I need to know specifically about the 2004 Manual transmission model (1500 CC).

If you also have any other thoughts about this car please feel free to share.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by san1985

That guy got 6.5 because he drove like a maniac. Keep reading that thread and you will find this post. 

Naturally, if you shift gears at 4000 RPM, the car will be less economical. Under regular (sane) driving, it should be 9-10 in traffic as others have said. 

Edited by Davy

Hi Davy,

Thanks for the quick response. Then I should be fine I guess.

Checked out 3 2004 Axelas today, but the condition of those cars were not that good. :(

Those were kind of abused. Curious whether all 2004 s will be like that?

Cz I can not afford anything beyond that :mellow:

11 hours ago, san1985 said:

Hi Davy,

Thanks for the quick response. Then I should be fine I guess.

Checked out 3 2004 Axelas today, but the condition of those cars were not that good. :(

Those were kind of abused. Curious whether all 2004 s will be like that?

Cz I can not afford anything beyond that :mellow:

2004 was the fist year of production, most of these should be well over 150,000km. Be cautious of the gearboxes and make sure that the uses have replaced Atf on time and have used Mazda mv Atf. 

I would advice you not to buy an axela if your budget is tight. Go for a gap car or wait till you have enough to buy a decent one. 

On 3/27/2017 at 9:10 AM, The Stig said:

2004 was the fist year of production, most of these should be well over 150,000km. Be cautious of the gearboxes and make sure that the uses have replaced Atf on time and have used Mazda mv Atf. 

I would advice you not to buy an axela if your budget is tight. Go for a gap car or wait till you have enough to buy a decent one. 

Hi Stig,

I am still on the hunt for an Axela, but no luck finding a good one yet.

BTW what do you mean by a "gap car"?? please shed some light

On 4/1/2017 at 11:33 PM, san1985 said:

Hi Stig,

I am still on the hunt for an Axela, but no luck finding a good one yet.

BTW what do you mean by a "gap car"?? please shed some light

I believe your original post said that your budget was 2.9

The BL Mazda 3 when it came out was miles ahead of its competition interms of equipment and tech, auto lights, auto wipers, afs, bose audio, sat nav etc. So they are quite complex and if the car is not properly maintained you will have a lot of repairs on your hand. Most of the time the 2004 cars with lower price tags have some sort of issue which is why the owners are selling it for less.  A decent specimen is above 3 million which would be out of your initial price bracket. 

My point is that it might be a better idea to buy a fully loaded car like an es, cs3 and upgrade directly to a 2007 facelift model in a year or two. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2017 at 10:22 AM, The Stig said:

I believe your original post said that your budget was 2.9

The BL Mazda 3 when it came out was miles ahead of its competition interms of equipment and tech, auto lights, auto wipers, afs, bose audio, sat nav etc. So they are quite complex and if the car is not properly maintained you will have a lot of repairs on your hand. Most of the time the 2004 cars with lower price tags have some sort of issue which is why the owners are selling it for less.  A decent specimen is above 3 million which would be out of your initial price bracket. 

My point is that it might be a better idea to buy a fully loaded car like an es, cs3 and upgrade directly to a 2007 facelift model in a year or two. 

Yeah either I have to stretch the budget or this seems the most sensible option.

Thanks stig. cheers