• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

fb 15 super saloon 2001

evin

this is quite a vague question. Does the car start at all? (you later mention it happend two times?) 

does the car crank? 

There could be a 1001 reasons for a car not starting. 

Dead Battery, messed up starter motor, fuel line blockage, empty tank(since you were asking about it earlier)  etc...please provide more info so that the folks here could help you out.

Edited by matroska
decided to be more helpful
  • Like 2

@evin You could have asked this question in the same thread that you had already on your car. Now you can request mods to merge topics. As @matroska has pointed out (and in addition to info he requested) please provide more details like whether it happens randomly or when the engine is cold, when it starts with a cold engine whether the engine RPM goes up and slowly comes down, what you did to get the car started after those two failed attempts, any Check Engine Light (CEL) indication on the dashboard, any idea if a tune up has been done recently etc..

• Like 1

no car doesn't crank, but several time i try to start car but it not start .but all the indicator lights are on. I do some touch to car

then car start.there is no any issue of the battery its new one .one of my Friend said problem is on throttle body.

no this happen randomly.RPM is not goes up.after the incident happen  I get out the car and lock and unlock several time and 

gave some touch to auto gear lever then car start.some time it may be loose connection becuase last saturday I went anuradhapura no any issue happen

2 minutes ago, evin said:

no this happen randomly.RPM is not goes up.after the incident happen  I get out the car and lock and unlock several time and 

gave some touch to auto gear lever then car start.some time it may be loose connection becuase last saturday I went anuradhapura no any issue happen

can you elaborate more on this? by 'touch' you mean you moved the positions of the auto gear? in which position change did the car actually start?

Probably you gear lever switch ( using that name for a lack of a better term) may be worn out. So only when you jiggle it the car will recognize that your gear position is in Neutral (N) or Park (P). By any chance did you have the gear lever at R or D when you faced this issue ? :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, evin said:

No i have not changed possition of auto gear .just shake

the reason I asked was since moving the auto gear lever seems to have a connection and i was wondering if the Safety Mechanism that prevents the car from starting in any other position than P or N was triggered. 

Edited by matroska

2 minutes ago, NRX said:

Probably you gear lever switch ( using that name for a lack of a better term) may be worn out. So only when you jiggle it the car will recognize that your gear position is in Neutral (N) or Park (P). By any chance did you have the gear lever at R or D when you faced this issue ? :D

Yeah this Sounds very likely. 

15 minutes ago, evin said:

ON THAT TIME NO MORTOR IS ON /WORKING  ONLY INDICATOR LIGHT ON LIKE BATTERY SEVERAL TIME I SWITCH ON AND OFF AND WAIT FEW MINUTES AND DO THE SAME THINK THEN THE CAR WAS STARTED

@evin  Please turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts. 

• Like 1

Ok thanks for all helping me to identify issue in my fb15.

I have a another problem my fb 15 super saloon.when i am deriving the carpet road there is no any noise inside the car .but when dammage and not  carpet road there are noice happen just like old car.I Showed  this matter to kundasala auto .they said to change rack of the car .please advise

Is it like a rattling sound which is coming from the left side of the car ? Did they check the condition of the rack ends and lower control arm bushings ? Those are the ones usually go bad easily and make the rattling noises. The left side ones are prone to premature wear because left side is subjected more to bad road surfaces, pot holes and whatnot.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

An FB15 in our extended family also had the same issue. Out of the blues the engine would refuse to crank but only made this click click noises. It turned out to be a the brushes in the starter motor were dying and replacing the the same fixed it. With the age of the car ( think it was 2001 as well) it seems to be a recurring thing.

The simple test done was to check the line voltage on the starter motor terminals and if the voltage was there, to *whack* the motor with a metal hammer while someone else cranked the engine. Jerking the car back and forth a couple times while in Park position also helped to motivate the starter motor to move that required half millimeter of angular rotation to create a closed circuit.

5 minutes ago, methmal said:

Thanks @Insedious  . Is your problem resolved After repairing the starter motor ? 

Yes. The bas fellow first confirmed power was coming to the terminals of the starter motor (by wiring a light bulb to the leads), then he powered the motor directly from the battery and it the motor was not engaging. I think in this case, they replaced the starter motor with one of those reconditioned ones.

Edited by Insedious
  • Like 1