• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1997 Fiat Punto First generation (176)

fiat fan

Question

Hey Everybody!! Im back to posting after a looong time. But I have been reading all the threads. Just got a new password as the old one was lost, hence the incognito mode!! Ok enough OT.

I saw this 1st gen Fiat Punto in a Car sale in Gampaha area and I fell in love with it!! The mechanical side was ok, It drove well and didnt see any knocks or rattles. The body needs a fresh paint, the interior is OK.. the bugger is asking for 8.50. what do you guys think?

This will not be a daily driver. Just want to restore it to glory and maybe do a GT conversion down the line. So the condition is not that much of an issue. I just wanted to know whether we can find mechanical spares here? any Inherent issues? things to check? 

Dont car about fuel as long it does 7kmpl.

Resale value (I dont want to sell it,but if it becomes a pain in the a*$ I will give it away as a charity,if nobody wants to buy it ???).

Oh and do we have body parts in SL? rest of the stuff Will be through Ebay and friends Abroad.

Thanx all

2 answers to this question

6 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Hey Everybody!! Im back to posting after a looong time. But I have been reading all the threads. Just got a new password as the old one was lost, hence the incognito mode!! Ok enough OT.

I saw this 1st gen Fiat Punto in a Car sale in Gampaha area and I fell in love with it!! The mechanical side was ok, It drove well and didnt see any knocks or rattles. The body needs a fresh paint, the interior is OK.. the bugger is asking for 8.50. what do you guys think?

This will not be a daily driver. Just want to restore it to glory and maybe do a GT conversion down the line. So the condition is not that much of an issue. I just wanted to know whether we can find mechanical spares here? any Inherent issues? things to check? 

Dont car about fuel as long it does 7kmpl.

Resale value (I dont want to sell it,but if it becomes a pain in the a*$ I will give it away as a charity,if nobody wants to buy it ???).

Oh and do we have body parts in SL? rest of the stuff Will be through Ebay and friends Abroad.

Thanx all

its worth it as long as its mechanically sound, i have driven a rally prepped same punto white color one and its effing fast. straight pipe + lighter flywheel is a bliss in this.  

Parts can be get down from singapore if its not available here, but many have spares or the stores will get down for you. I dont think the body parts are here unless u buy a salvage car or a car for parts.

Fuel wise it should do around 9 in colombo.

Resale wise this car wont be much of a hassle as its not overloaded with much electronics, but worth than other cars in the same price bracket or less than 1 million. 

A 4 door GT? :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fiatLife said:

its worth it as long as its mechanically sound, i have driven a rally prepped same punto white color one and its effing fast. straight pipe + lighter flywheel is a bliss in this.  

Parts can be get down from singapore if its not available here, but many have spares or the stores will get down for you. I dont think the body parts are here unless u buy a salvage car or a car for parts.

Fuel wise it should do around 9 in colombo.

Resale wise this car wont be much of a hassle as its not overloaded with much electronics, but worth than other cars in the same price bracket or less than 1 million. 

A 4 door GT? :P 

Thanx bro for the info. Another member PMed me about the car. And I checked Ebay and stuff. Enough and more spares online!Yes the car looks good when done up tastefully..

Haha !!!Actually I was thinking the same thing about this being 4 door. :/ atleast the mechanical mods of a GT then!!!

Others comments are also much welcomed!!