• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fiat grand punto 2008 Diesel

Dishan@1

Question

After going through most of the threads on this forum I've set my eyes on buying a grand punto  diesel ( 2008 ) Dualogic transmission.

The clutch kit has been recently replaced. It has done around 80000km.

It would be really appreciated if you could lend me some helpful last minute advise before purchasing this car..

Price is quoted as 26 lakhs..Is it reasonable?

11 answers to this question

Some would argue that the said model sold for even less. But if the specimen is well looked after & with all the bells n whistles it just might be worth it. imho this car is very underrated. theres no other car with all the bells & whistles within this price bracket (cruise control, dual zone ac, abs, 3+ airbags, lumbar support etc..)

• Like 1

On 3/5/2017 at 5:32 AM, Dishan@1 said:

After going through most of the threads on this forum I've set my eyes on buying a grand punto  diesel ( 2008 ) Dualogic transmission.

The clutch kit has been recently replaced. It has done around 80000km.

It would be really appreciated if you could lend me some helpful last minute advise before purchasing this car..

Price is quoted as 26 lakhs..Is it reasonable?

Does this thing have a dealer? I'd have a good long ponder abt it,..

Edited by Twin Turbo

No dealer for fiat at present. FCA's singapore agent provides alfa romeos to Mic*o & D*MO does Jeep. But no official agent for fiat appointed.

Still there are couple of established places you could go for repairs n parts (Wh**ls lanka, IT*C, Next Ge*r etc). Being familiar with ebay also helps.

Edited by NeroX

Just a gentle reminder, It is not an automatic. It is an automated manual. Electronics and an electric motorised clutch change the gears of a manual gearbox for you. But the system seeks to limit torque reactions on upchanges, particularly first to second and second to third when they can be most damaging to the transmission. You have to be gentler with the accelerator. Basically, anticipate when the box will want to change up. 

BTW is this the red one? dont worry about parts, the above mentioned places will have in stock or they will get it down for you. IMO THIS punto is a rare one with the panoramic sunroof. Superb car, one of my friends own a manual one :)  Try to get down the price a bit, but totally worthy car. I can help you with contacts on the above mentioned places if you dont have :) 

On 3/8/2017 at 10:03 PM, fiatLife said:

BTW is this the red one? dont worry about parts, the above mentioned places will have in stock or they will get it down for you. IMO THIS punto is a rare one with the panoramic sunroof. Superb car, one of my friends own a manual one :)  Try to get down the price a bit, but totally worthy car. I can help you with contacts on the above mentioned places if you dont have :) 

KN-95XX?

On 3/9/2017 at 9:59 AM, Dishan@1 said:

Yeah..tz da red one..with da sunroof..Still giving a long hard thought about it..m n a huge dilemma..:o:o:o

If you need to ponder about it, don't buy a punto... get a passo and be happy... let an enthusiast own that car...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

KN-95XX?

If you need to ponder about it, don't buy a punto... get a passo and be happy... let an enthusiast own that car...

sadly i don't recall the exact number, it was sometime back :( cmon, he is having a dilemma with the current SL car market :D 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 8:06 AM, NeroX said:

Some would argue that the said model sold for even less. But if the specimen is well looked after & with all the bells n whistles it just might be worth it. imho this car is very underrated. theres no other car with all the bells & whistles within this price bracket (cruise control, dual zone ac, abs, 3+ airbags, lumbar support etc..)

The basics/semi petrol cars go from about 1.9 to 2.3! Since this is in good nick and has all the goodies,specially that awesome panoramic sunroof, I would say the asking 2.6m is ok. I actually saw the ad and spoke to him as soon as he posted. Im sure you can get it for 2.5m.. which I would say is worth it. Most importantly it was used buy a true enthusiast,not a thel higanna who doesnt even wash the car!! I would have gone for it,but too much cars at home sadly(I wanted to exchange it with a Leaf Azeo)

On 3/8/2017 at 10:03 PM, fiatLife said:

Just a gentle reminder, It is not an automatic. It is an automated manual. Electronics and an electric motorised clutch change the gears of a manual gearbox for you. But the system seeks to limit torque reactions on upchanges, particularly first to second and second to third when they can be most damaging to the transmission. You have to be gentler with the accelerator. Basically, anticipate when the box will want to change up. 

agreed!!

On 3/9/2017 at 9:59 AM, Dishan@1 said:

Yeah..tz da red one..with da sunroof..Still giving a long hard thought about it..m n a huge dilemma..:o:o:o

Don't worry bro, go for it. Call Nelum motors and ask about parts. 2 other shops in panchi bring Fiat spares (Dont remember their names).. 

It has a good fuel economy,its fun to drive,looks good,packed with goodies. Life is too short for a Hybriit(contrary to popular belief)..

• Like 1

The display  has been recently replaced. It has done around 115000km.

Price is quoted as 31 lakhs..Is it reasonable considering the current market?