• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ford fiesta 2011, passenger rear door lock problem

susan

Question

Hi ,

I have Ford fiesta 2011 sedan and suddenly cannot closed the passenger rear door, seems to be the problem with the lock

Several days try to find an expert, Company check from the outside (without opening/ chickening anything ) ask to replace the door lock, I have lost my faith on them.

Can anyone help me on this

1.       Any expert to check and fix

2.       Any place to buy used parts

cheers

Susan

3 answers to this question

The company will always ask you to replace a part with a genuine one because that's what agents are supposed to do and that's the safer option for you. However, its not the cheaper option.

Your problem is not very clear (I am not sure whether you are talking about the latching mechanism or the lock itself). "Cannot close the rear door" sounds like the latch is broken and the only option you have is to replace the latch. This can be identified without opening up the door upholstery. There are few places in Darley Road that may be able to repair your lock and at the same time damage a few other things, especially upholstery.

The other option you have is to get down a genuine part from ebay.co.uk and get it installed at the company itself or from someone knowledgeable.

Edited by Crosswind

I will not recommend Darley road, they will rip you off in 100 different ways. 

There is a place in Pita Kotte junction between Perera and sons & cargills  that specialsed in door locks and stuff. Give it a shot. 

Nuwan 077 330 8710