• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan FB 13 Engine noise

Surangawijesooriya

Question

I have nissan SB 13(1991).when i am drive sound come like "Tiki Tiki Tiki" after the inspection michanic said its tapped problem.then i bring the head to augastin motors and adjusted the tapped.but still sound come.then michanic say its come from gajan pin or bearing.so please tell me what i have to do and repair cost

Edited by Surangawijesooriya
Title

2 answers to this question

It's called Gudgeon pin or wrist pin. It's what holds the piston head and the rod together.

Anyway, my first question is, there is a clear difference between tappet noise and wrist pin noise. So why did your mechanic advise tappet adjustment? Also, why was the valve body taken off the car to adjust it? It could have been done with just the engine cover taken off. I suggest you go for a second opinion before dismantling the engine.

What's the mileage of the car? Has the engine been overhauled at any point?

Also, do you hear the noise when as soon as you start the car or when you rev up the engine/under load?

Like Davy mentioned, get a second openion and post a vid of your engine runing.

Taking into account that the car is over a quarter of a century old, a full tear down and re build may be needed to get rid of the knocks and was it you who mentionred of a smoking prob.?

As our car odo meters have been knownto run back every time they change owners,

your milage showing150k would have been passed decades ago.

TT

p.s, on a non related topic, check th operation of your cooliing fans.- common failiure in your model.

Edited by Twin Turbo