• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need expert ideas and suggestions

T T

Guys,
This is my first attempt for buying a car. My budget is around 1.2 to 1.5 mil .What would be the best car with good fuel consumptions and comfort I could go for. need your valuable opinion. 
Thanks.

Further: I got and offer for a BMW 520i (can't remember the YOM) diesel converted car with 2L engine for 12.75 laks . Is this a good offer. (since I don't know much about cars. I would be glad to hear some honest suggestions) 
TIA

Edited by T T

Well the car market in SL is actually full of BS. Well diesel converted Europeans are cheap due to the engine conversion reason, no resale value but only a one who is desperate to call himself owning a prestige automobile will buy, or you can buy and replace the original engine and up the market price :) 

Furthermore you can go for a Corolla 110 if you can up your margin by 150,000. Nissan FB/SB 14 is also good. 

Diahatsu Mira/Daihatsu Coure is also good, but a compact car.

Perodua kelisa :)

• Like 1

Sri Lankan used car market is overpriced and centered primarily on Toyota and then on to Nissan. If you are living in Colombo area and not caring about the resale value, and maintenance effort, then you can go to those prestige European cars. But you are budget oriented and need a car with a less maintenance or most importantly a car with a higher resale value, then go for a well maintained Toyota. I would suggest you a Toyota AE100. Save the rest of money on mild repairs you may need afterward.

Edited by WATZDT
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, fiatLife said:

Well the car market in SL is actually full of BS. Well diesel converted Europeans are cheap due to the engine conversion reason, no resale value but only a one who is desperate to call himself owning a prestige automobile will buy, or you can buy and replace the original engine and up the market price :) 

Furthermore you can go for a Corolla 110 if you can up your margin by 150,000. Nissan FB/SB 14 is also good. 

Diahatsu Mira/Daihatsu Coure is also good, but a compact car.

Perodua kelisa :)

Thanks for the advise mate. :)

On February 17, 2017 at 5:01 AM, Twin Turbo said:

Keep in mind that you'll be getting more cars later and act wisely.

apart from the purchase price, You'll need insurance, 

Some gen maintenance, tyres, and that honking great car stereo that'll rock the hood.:D

:D thanks mate