• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator fan issue Kia Rio

Xtreme Auto

Question

It was found over heating issue since 2,3 months of my Kia Rio 2003 wagon. Some times even in long run it goes only 25% of heat meter. Some times heat up even with short run. Checked Radiator but no issue found. Changed the radiator cap.

After that i found cooling fan does not work at a time. Then i switch off and start again. So fan start to work. Also when heat goes up coolant filled to back up tank. No issue with the Gasket. Verified by a technician. 

Please give me your valuable technical ideas on this and the price of this type of fan or what are vehicals which having same type of fan.

6 answers to this question

Based on the given description it is too early to conclude it is your fan that needs replacing. Does the radiator fan run when you switch on AC even if the engine is cold? You need to confirm it is the fan or the relay which is operating the fan or if the issue is in sensing the temperature. Also if the engine heat goes only 25% up in heater gauge scale at times I get the feeling that someone must have removed the thermostat before to circumvent the issue instead of solving it?

• Like 1