• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying My First Car

CL0789

Question

Hi All, 

I am new to this forum and does not have very much idea on technical details. I am planning to buy my first vehicle and my budget is 3Mn. I'm planning to use it for daily travel in Colombo and outstations occasionally. (Probably 500 - 800 km per month) What I'm looking for is a vehicle that can be resold easily and quickly as I might sell this car probably in a year and also a car with a decent fuel efficiency. (This comes as the second priority)

I have few models in my mind that would fit my budget,

1. Suzuki Stingray (Japanese)
  2. Perodua Axia
  3. Newly introduced Toyota Wigo (Slightly out of range)
  4. Used Toyota Vitz KSP90

What would be the best option to go with? Is there any other model I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your expert knowledge.

4 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, CL0789 said:

Hi All, 

I am new to this forum and does not have very much idea on technical details. I am planning to buy my first vehicle and my budget is 3Mn. I'm planning to use it for daily travel in Colombo and outstations occasionally. (Probably 500 - 800 km per month) What I'm looking for is a vehicle that can be resold easily and quickly as I might sell this car probably in a year and also a car with a decent fuel efficiency. (This comes as the second priority)

I have few models in my mind that would fit my budget,

1. Suzuki Stingray (Japanese)
  2. Perodua Axia
  3. Newly introduced Toyota Wigo (Slightly out of range)
  4. Used Toyota Vitz KSP90

What would be the best option to go with? Is there any other model I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your expert knowledge.

welcome to the forum. Similar topics were discussed  extensively. I'm sure most of the cars mentioned here were covered - other than maybe the Wigo. (which I assume is more or less in the same league as the Axia but with a toyota badge - which in SL is probably worth more than the car's engine itself ) 

here are a few threads i dug up within a minute there were many others like these 

• Like 1

Out of your 2 main requirements, I would go for the stingray. In the subject of fuel efficiency stingray will do outstandingly better than the other cars that you have mentioned. Stingray will do around 20 kmpl in city area averagely between full tank to full tank intervals. In the long trips it can do up to the 30kmpl between refillings. Toyota vitz is kind of a old model  ( K number) for your budget now and it's better to go for a new hybrid car. Toyota wigo and perudua axia both are rebadged versions of the same car. But for the value of 3 millinon, it's not worthy.

Edited by WATZDT
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, WATZDT said:

Out of your 2 main requirements, I would go for the stingray. In the subject of fuel efficiency stingray will do outstandingly better than the other cars that you have mentioned. Stingray will do around 20 kmpl in city area averagely between full tank to full tank intervals. In the long trips it can do up to the 30kmpl between refillings. Toyota vitz is kind of a old model  ( K number) for your budget now and it's better to go for a new hybrid car. Toyota wigo and perudua axia both are rebadged versions of the same car. But for the value of 3 millinon, it's not worthy.

Thanks for the response WATZDT