• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hijet mini fuel consumption

silva1

Question

1)many people told hijet mini 2006 model van will run 15km per litre of patrol..but sice i start using it runs only9.5km without A/C,and around 8km with A/C..i m little bit confuse about the efficency of engine..

2)and having strong petrol smell when i strat the engine..(may be unburn feul)

i changed spark plug ,airfilter,throttle body cleaned ,petrol filter cleaned ,battery changed ,o2 sensor second hand  changed ,

i have suspect fuel pressure regulator ,it should be regulat if petrol pressure is high,but my vehicle pressure regulator is not moving valve .its fix.i blow one side of the pressure  valve ,but air not throw thru other side

plz give some advice how to improve this

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Raymond Soul said:

I have an hijet mini bus which in use for commercial transportation. It consumes fuel of #5000 plus per day. What may be the cause please? 

How many KM are u running per day? Do a full tank to tank and calculate your fuel efficiency of KMPL for us to suggest any solutions if you are actually getting bad fuel figures. 

Anyway you cant expect hybrid figures even with a 660 engine. most it would do is 11-12 in city traffic and even outstation might not go beyond 14-15 as the engine would constantly be under load unlike cars with bigger engines doing well in the highway. 

Btw you are carrying heavy cargo in your vehicle so fuel efficiency is anyway going to be low. besides if you are going uphill a lot its going to be even worse.