• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Change of province and Revenue Licence valididty

carboy2011

Question

I have the following querry

Bought a car for business use and it has a CP prefix number

Got it transfered to WP prefix now

my question is 

the old revenue licence is valid for few more months but has 'CP' prefix so it it still valid or do I have to get a new revenue licence to reflect the 'WP' prefix no of the car?

can someone please advise

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

Its still valid but you need to get a document called 'nobandi patha' (whatever the hell that means) from the current licensing authority before you get the new license from WP.

oh great does that mean I have to go to the central province to get this done :( (in my case since its a 'CP' no)

14 hours ago, carboy2011 said:

oh great does that mean I have to go to the central province to get this done :( (in my case since its a 'CP' no)

Call the DS office where your car is registered. Don't know if any laws have changed in the past few years.

Sometime ago, I had a car registered in Polonnaruwa. When I went there (by bus) to get the revenue license renewed, I found out something which I never knew. Do you know that there's no city/town/village in Sri Lanka called 'Polonnaruwa'? 

4 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Call the DS office where your car is registered. Don't know if any laws have changed in the past few years.

Sometime ago, I had a car registered in Polonnaruwa. When I went there (by bus) to get the revenue license renewed, I found out something which I never knew. Do you know that there's no city/town/village in Sri Lanka called 'Polonnaruwa'? 

:(

On 2/13/2017 at 2:54 PM, Crosswind said:

Its still valid but you need to get a document called 'nobandi patha' (whatever the hell that means) from the current licensing authority before you get the new license from WP.

You don't need that anymore.. Until last month my Revenue license had the NW province.. so last month I went to the update the revenue license and told this is in NW, and need to transfer to WP..then they said that will be done automatically.. and without the nobadi patha they converted it into the WP province... 

22 hours ago, carboy2011 said:

no you don't.. just tell them you are in the WP now and that's all.. they will give the revenue license updated to WP.. 

22 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

You don't need that anymore.. Until last month my Revenue license had the NW province.. so last month I went to the update the revenue license and told this is in NW, and need to transfer to WP..then they said that will be done automatically.. and without the nobadi patha they converted it into the WP province... 

no you don't.. just tell them you are in the WP now and that's all.. they will give the revenue license updated to WP.. 

ah thanks mate now thats a relief!

PreseaLover is correct, it will done automatically, but how soon? So only concern here is time gap between transfer and renewal of revenue licence. In my case I transferred my car on March 2015 and next renewal was on January 2016. By that time it had automatically got transferred from WP to NW.

2 hours ago, whmsujith said:

PreseaLover is correct, it will done automatically, but how soon? So only concern here is time gap between transfer and renewal of revenue licence. In my case I transferred my car on March 2015 and next renewal was on January 2016. By that time it had automatically got transferred from WP to NW.

same..I got my vehicle transfered in APRIL 2016, and got my revenue updated last month.. once the transfer is done, it not a problem at all. It didnt even take 5 minutes for me at the revenue upgrading place..

7 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

same..I got my vehicle transfered in APRIL 2016, and got my revenue updated last month.. once the transfer is done, it not a problem at all. It didnt even take 5 minutes for me at the revenue upgrading place..

thats good now my next question is this,since transfer is done do i need to take a new rev licence with WP prefix or can the old rev licence with CP prefix run till its over im just worried as this is for office use and if it meets with an accident will the insurnce chaps make a fuss?

3 hours ago, carboy2011 said:

thats good now my next question is this,since transfer is done do i need to take a new rev licence with WP prefix or can the old rev licence with CP prefix run till its over im just worried as this is for office use and if it meets with an accident will the insurnce chaps make a fuss?

I answered that question earlier. You can run with the current license till it expires.

2 hours ago, Crosswind said:

I answered that question earlier. You can run with the current license till it expires.

And as for the possibility of "insurance guys making a fuss" just make sure the policy covers use of the car for business purposes in addition to personal use.