• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Demio

sira

Dear Friends

I'm hoping to buy Mazda Demio as a 2nd car and i found one 2002 auto with 1.5M. really good condition and  good pulling power. Will you please update me about this car in terms of

Spare parts availability - body parts, mechanical , Shocks, ...etc and common problems with this also who will be the best mechanics of this models.

Thank you and appreciate your comments

sira

10 minutes ago, ravindasenarath said:

Hi @sira

There is a seperate thread for Demio. ( this ). Most of your questions are already answered there. If you have further questions please raise them there.

That particular thread is about the DE series (2007 -  2014). OP is talking about one of the two series before DE.

For the price of 1.5 m it seems Ok. However generally speaking, spares for the Mazda is not that easy to find, and you will have to pay little bit higher for the same spares compared to the same range Toyota Nissan vehicle. I am sure you know that too.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2017 at 7:34 PM, WATZDT said:

For the price of 1.5 m it seems Ok. However generally speaking, spares for the Mazda is not that easy to find, and you will have to pay little bit higher for the same spares compared to the same range Toyota Nissan vehicle. I am sure you know that too.

How many Mazdas have you owned? 

• Like 2

On 2/18/2017 at 7:34 PM, WATZDT said:

Yes, thank you . i heard that specially this model is lack of spares too. anyway what are the famous shops in delkanda, or panchikawatta who doing mazda. like honda - maruchi. autobase...etc

Edited by sira

I owned Mazda Demio 1.3 1998 -  manual car - DW3W -  1st Gen -  not the face lift
My experience is different..  I found that when compared to Corolla parts or Starlet parts Mazda Demio parts are may difficult to find.. , but they are available..
i have replaced Gearbox ,  Steering rack , suspension , AC compressor ..
some parts i found near Delkanda are , Engine Mounts and things like that i found near Kiribathgoda ...
as per my micanic they were relatively cheep .
Gearbox - 19000
Steering rack - 8500
AC compressor - 5000

Can buy a used Demio from japan for 300-500$ and bring the parts and make a good profit -  so parts are available..

Any why please make sure to buy a car in Good condition .... then you will be ok... and 1.5mil for 2002 auto seems a good price

PS - only part that very hard to find for me was speedometer wheel - actually i repaired my old one because still i can't find a matching one to replace 

Edited by bimalnp4me