• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Damaged tire

Iced-T

Question

Hi...

While reversing I went over a sharp tile and chipped the rubber off my rear tyre. The tyre went flat and I would like to know if this tyre can be used again. It has done 25000km.

Please see attached pics... any advice is much appreciated.

Regards,

Iced-t

IMG_20170210_191110.jpg

IMG_20170210_191535.jpg

IMG_20170210_191023.jpg

Edited by Iced-T

12 answers to this question

Update:  I looked around for a few days and was able to find a used Michelin tyre which looks like it has a good 8000 to 10000 km left of thread on it. The tyre was also worn evenly. 

So I purchased this tyre for 3000 Rs. and I am now running the car. When its time I will change all 4 tyres. 

Edited by Iced-T

8 hours ago, firstgear said:

Tyre shops buy old tyres? Or are there any specific places to return the old ones and get a new set with discount?

They buy as in give you a discount for your new tyre purchase. Usually lower than what you can sell the tires directly for,  but since you only have one tire it will be pretty difficult to sell it on your own. 

3 hours ago, The Stig said:

They buy as in give you a discount for your new tyre purchase. Usually lower than what you can sell the tires directly for,  but since you only have one tire it will be pretty difficult to sell it on your own. 

No, not one. I was wondering weather the tyre shops offer to trade my old four tyres and get a discount for a new set. Because, my tyres set is bit new but I want to change them to get a larger size. (I hope my question does not deviate from the original topic -_- )

2 hours ago, firstgear said:

No, not one. I was wondering weather the tyre shops offer to trade my old four tyres and get a discount for a new set. Because, my tyres set is bit new but I want to change them to get a larger size. (I hope my question does not deviate from the original topic -_- )

You can, as quite has said there are plenty of places. But most of the time they will pay you less than 50% of a newer tire even if you have only used it for few kms. 

• Like 1