• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Place to repair an old car with standised qualities

Ted

Hi all,

I just bought a toyota carina AT 192 auto. It needs several improvements to be done. Mechanical and electrical both. Such as, engine vibration when sudden stop at traffic, engine vibration when AC is on, unnecessary noises when driven in a damaged road etc. Most repair centerd including Toyota lanka is not accepting this car due to obsolesence. Could you please tell me standardised quality places to make my car repaired? Your comments highly appreciated.

Thabk you.

why would you go to toyota lanka for the car, i mean you dont need to go there and spend unnecessary cash on labor, but you can get the genuine timing belts and bushes from them if you want to. Engine mounts, gear box mounts, suspension mounts and all other mounts and bushes can be found easily if you have a sample, the common brands are RBI for mounts.

as a starting point, you can start by saying where you live :) 

Agree with fiatLife above. The engine vibration could be due to bad engine mounts and/or due to Idle Air Control Valve acting up. If it is IACV then you need to get a "tune up" done to begin with. You may have some suspension and/or steering rack related issues as well. These are not very serious problems and can be sorted out unless of course those who maintained the car previously has not messed it up. BTW does your car rev up to about 1500 RPM and slowly come down to about 800 RPM within about five minutes after a cold start?