• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan FB15 Battery and Pickup issue

Romeshdk

Question

Hi

I have a FB15 and suddently when I was trying to start the engine I notice my battery is low and even the bulb indicating on the same. Then use a jumper and another battery to start the engine finally it works, but still the old battery is not so good and what I want to know now even the car is not that pick up and smooth after this incident. Is that issue relates to the battery or not? 

3 answers to this question

The battery indicator on the dashboard is not a "low battery" indicator but a "charging system issue" indicator. This is a common misinterpretation.

Anyway, did the indicator go off after the car started? If not, just replacing the battery will not solve your issue. 

If the battery completely drained because you left your parking lights, interior light or simply because the car was not used for months, there is a slight change that the ECU (engine and/or transmission) was reset, causing the car to behave a little differently until the ECU re-learns. Highly unlikely because only a very small current is required for the ECU to maintain the values. The battery has to be be producing almost no current at all for this to happen.

So I think first replace the battery and get your charging system checked if the indicator is still on. Allow for the ECU to lean by driving a few kilometres. This should tell you if the issue is due to an ECU reset. 

• Like 1

i don't think that "ECU reset" is a possibility.this battery related issue and "car is not that pickup and smooth" might be totally different problem.

still there is a thin chance that those issues are related,ex: poor ground connection (high resistance build up in negative connection).