• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

High rate of accidents on the divulpitya area in Boralasgamuwa

carboy2011

Had the tragic incident when a family members life was snatched away last week near the Divulpitya (B'gamuwa) keells super area when knocked down by a a CTB bus (120 route) it appears that many accidents have taken place there after the road was done up and it seems that there two main reasons for it and according to one source 14 fatalities since the last year

i) reckless driving by our drivers just because the road is good

ii) lack of street lights so pedestrians crossing the road cannot be seen by the drivers of vehicles

Why is the local authorities blind to the fact the road is dark and how much money is wasted on useless stuff in the country while neglecting vital areas and precious lives are lost

Our cops are just wasting time by switching off the traffic lights in many areas and creating a messs trying to direct traffic while dangerous stretch of roads are not policed

Sorry about your loss @carboy2011 . I daily travel in 120 route and this area is prone to accidents . My observations are , 

1. Lack of street lights is a major concern , specially in rainy days . 

2. Bikes overtaking from left or between two vehicles in high speeds.

3. Stupid digital advertising board which lits the whole area at once and turns black all in a sudden , leaving the whole area dark and leaving no time to adjust your eyes making you blindsided.

4 minutes ago, Deleted said:

Sorry about your loss @carboy2011 . I daily travel in 120 route and this area is prone to accidents . My observations are , 

1. Lack of street lights is a major concern , specially in rainy days . 

2. Bikes overtaking from left or between two vehicles in high speeds.

3. Stupid digital advertising board which lits the whole area at once and turns black all in a sudden , leaving the whole area dark and leaving no time to adjust your eyes making you blindsided.

Thanks yes once a life is lost its gone forever 

I fully agree with your comment about point # 3 these digital adverts should not be there in high speed roads in the first place