• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Datsun 510 Engine swap

KMaster

Hello,

I just got a project car. A 1979 Datsun 510(140j) 4 door . I am looking to swap the old L14 datsun engine which has clocked in over 500k, For a SR18 or a SR20DET.

What is the cost and where can i purchase these engines with the transmission, wiring, etc?

Or else how much would it cost to import it?

Thanks in advance.

Have a trip around the engine Watte in Panchikawatte. The engine should be there. Full engine kits which is the wiring loom ECU included do some up but rare. I expect to pay around 250k but there is an element of supply and demand here. 

If you're considering an SR20DET kindly keep in mind that you will need to upgrade the brakes and suspension to cope with the power, maybe even look at putting in a rollcage as well. If you want to keep yourself and the violet in one piece that is.

• 11 months later...
6 hours ago, dìmúthS said:

Is there any 510 for sale

Hi Dineth, Welcome to the forum!

All cars that are listed for sale can be found in the AutoLanka classifieds. Advertising is not allowed on the forum, so asking here is not the best way to go. 

Edited by Davy