• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking to buy my first car

pragee008

Hi I am new to this forum. Also, I don't know much technical details about autos. So please bear with me here. 

I am looking to buy my first car and what I have in my mind is a Honda Fit. I am not looking for a brand new vehicle; so a registered vehicle with a mileage around 40000 km is fine for me. I saw several advertisements on ######.lk (and other similar web sites) that Honda Fit GP5 etc. are going around 4.3 million. My questions here are; 

01. How much patrol can be done by Honda Fit? 

02. Is it a good decision to go for a registered Honda Fit vehicle against a Toyota Vitz? (or is it not a good thing to compare these 02 brands?)

03. What is the monthly service cost for a Honda Fit Petrol vehicle, and for a hybrid of same model ?

Thanks a lot. 

Welcome to the forum.

Buying your first car should be a fun experience and owning your first car should be even more so. But there are a lot of lemons out there so take your time in looking for a car and get it properly checked out before you give them your money.

Finally....the two cars have been discussed extensively...if you do a search you will find quite a lot of info on both cars. If you still have questions then you could voice them out here. 

All the best.

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Welcome to the forum.

Buying your first car should be a fun experience and owning your first car should be even more so. But there are a lot of lemons out there so take your time in looking for a car and get it properly checked out before you give them your money.

Good point.. I remember taking 1 and half years finding my first car before I bought it :D

Two of my friends independently confirmed that their respective Honda Fits do about 13-14 kmpl in normal Colombo traffic.Vitz should do slightly less than that (but not by much)

Service cost for both should be more or less same.

You cannot compare a (slightly) bigger hybrid car with a smaller ICE car. They have their merits and demerits. My choice between the two would be the Fit because Vitz looks so effeminate. But that's my personal preference.

Toyota lanka is introducing wigo with a price tag of 3.5mn...But made in Indonesia...Kind of an axia with a Toyota badge... Just see whether that helps..

Edited by TheClutch
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheClutch said:

Toyota lanka is introducing wigo with a price tag of 3.5mn...But made in Indonesia...Kind of an axia with a Toyota badge... Just see whether that helps..

I think the Wigo is the model for Phillipines and comes only in LHD. The Indonesian version (for the market and built-in) is the Agya or Ayga or something like that....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, iRage said:

I think the Wigo is the model for Phillipines and comes only in LHD. The Indonesian version (for the market and built-in) is the Agya or Ayga or something like that....

Received an email from Toyota Lanka.. Yesterday...Quoted the details from that only...Not too sure about model names in versions...