• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Two Types of Tyres for Car

RoughRider

Hi Guys,

Im having GoodYear tyres in the front & the rear tyres need to be replaced soon.

I recently came across a promotion for Nex*n tyres (Korean made) offered by RP.(Arpi**)

Does the brand is good enough to replace for my old tyres??

Appreciate your opinion!!

18 hours ago, RoughRider said:

Hi Guys,

Im having GoodYear tyres in the front & the rear tyres need to be replaced soon.

I recently came across a promotion for Nex*n tyres (Korean made) offered by RP.(Arpi**)

Does the brand is good enough to replace for my old tyres??

Appreciate your opinion!!

I fixed Nexen tyres on my car few months ago (my car comes with factory fitted 17" low profile tyres which are very expensive).The tyres are bumpy and very uncomfortable. They are also very noisy. This is the worst decision I made.

In my experience regular Nexens (HT series etc) are on par with regular Maxxis (MAP series); higher road noise, lesser comfort but quite ok grip etc.

But RU series Nexens are different at least in terms of noise (much less) grip (much more). Not sure if your tyre sizes come in the RU or other performance variants.

Edited by vishkid

12 hours ago, vishkid said:

In my experience regular Nexens (HT series etc) are on par with regular Maxxis (MAP series); higher road noise, lesser comfort but quite ok grip etc.

But RU series Nexens are different at least in terms of noise (much less) grip (much more). Not sure if your tyre sizes come in the RU or other performance variants.

Its Nexen N5000 Plus - whatever that means...

IMHO, Maxxis is not a good comparison for anything when it comes to tires. Maxxis, along with CE#T are right there at the bottom of the food chain when it comes to road noise and comfort. and I suspect Nexen is keeping them company. (I am talking about the versions which are popular in SL).

I had a set of Kinforest Chinese tyres on the car, which I replaced with the Nexens. The change was drastic and I regretted it on the first ride itself. The vibrations from the potholes on the road seem to be getting directly transferred to the spines of the ppl inside the car.

The Chinese tyres were very comfortable with average performance but the flipside was they lasted less than 25,000km, which is ok for me because I prefer comfort over durability anyway.

My Terios is running on Nexens (don't remember what series) for well over a year now and I have no complaints about it. I have travelled outstation and have encountered bad roads and the tyres provided good grip overall.