• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Closest Mountain View kinda Cheap bunglow hotel

PreseaLover

5 minutes ago, ArtfulDodger said:

Any recommendations for new Haunted bunglows? 

Mention it to staff and they will have someone make noises at night. Flexible ppl :D My grandfather died in that house, if it helps :D 

People in that area have no need of ghosts, in the windy season the wind on the roof makes more that enough ghost like sounds.

• Haha 3

On 8/20/2018 at 12:16 PM, ArtfulDodger said:

any specific bunglow or villa you guys stayed at in riverstone? @LashNeo @asrock

We stayed at Green Nest Holiday Bungalow, not a bad place only had 4 rooms at that time, could accommodate about 15 people I think. Cooks food wasn't that good but the place was clean and had lovely views of the mountains. Like Pericles said the winds makes ghostly sounds at night.

On 8/20/2018 at 1:41 PM, Pericles said:

Also for the non budget conscious, Tea Factory Hotel in Kandapola gets my high recommendation. 

One of the best hotels that I have stayed at. Good food, good rooms nice garden with wonderful views.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Guys this time I have a different requirement. Didn't wanna open another thread for this again so questioning it here...I'm hoping to do a trip alone, but this time I want to go stay around 1 or 2 nights in the WOODS where there is no human interaction or lights or whatever, I just want to enjoy the nature with some alone time.. so i dont mind staying in a smallest cabin if it has a bed..I don't want food either, i can take food and beers with me. I don't wanna go on hikes or anything so should be able to go in the car to the cabin through the jungle.. I don't mind driving over 100km's as I wanna enjoy the drive too... Any ideas? 

4 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Guys this time I have a different requirement. Didn't wanna open another thread for this again so questioning it here...I'm hoping to do a trip alone, but this time I want to go stay around 1 or 2 nights in the WOODS where there is no human interaction or lights or whatever, I just want to enjoy the nature with some alone time.. so i dont mind staying in a smallest cabin if it has a bed..I don't want food either, i can take food and beers with me. I don't wanna go on hikes or anything so should be able to go in the car to the cabin through the jungle.. I don't mind driving over 100km's as I wanna enjoy the drive too... Any ideas? 

I used to go Fishing Hut(Maskeliya)  5-6 years back, That time  place was magnificent. No phone signal, no electricity,  no air/sound pollution, most importantly no humans....

but no idea about the current status of the place...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

where there is no human interaction or lights or whatever,

I'm going away for a few days for the awurudu weekend  - you can stay at my house - there will be no humans and due to the power cuts there are no lights either. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

solitary confinement at welikada should satisfy all this. if you want to enjoy a drive, try pallekele.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 10 months later...

+1 The Nature's Resort

I wonder which one have you chosen and what you can say about it? So, I'm writing an article about these places and I'm interested in the live visitors ' opinions. We once managed to book a villa in Orlando and it didn't cost us a fortune as we thought. So, we were lucky to find an app that offers hotel accommodation. We set a filter on the price and number of people and this villa (westgateresorts.com) was in the list of suggested options. To be honest, we didn't believe it was true at first , because it looked luxurious and had a private pool. And then we wrote them a message and booked a villa for 2 weeks. It was the best 2 weeks of our lives.

Edited by brownie17

• 1 year later...

Guys I need to make a pitstop for few hours next weekend in the route between Haputale to Kahawatta... Can someone tell me are there are places I can visit/chill for 2,3 hours in this route? Like a nice river or mountain area to have a chilled beer or something for few hours along the route of haputale to kahawatta. 

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

Guys I need to make a pitstop for few hours next weekend in the route between Haputale to Kahawatta... Can someone tell me are there are places I can visit/chill for 2,3 hours in this route? Like a nice river or mountain area to have a chilled beer or something for few hours along the route of haputale to kahawatta. 

Check River Garden, Belihuloya, there are few places more around that area.. couldn't remember the names..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ruslan said:

Check River Garden, Belihuloya, there are few places more around that area.. couldn't remember the names..

I agree with this. Belihuloya is the ideal and only place. Google Maps will give you hotel information.

• Thanks 1

Good things in life dont come cheep, if you want to stay for free why not find a nice waterfall in that area and go see it. I am serious, I was coming down from Haputale and we went waterfall hunting on that route. A few places they will tell you not to go towards evening but yes you can enjoy.

• 1 year later...

For a serene mountain getaway close to Colombo, you have a couple of options to consider. If you're open to exploring beyond Kitulgala and Mathugama, you might want to check out the charming town of Ratnapura. It's located about 101 kilometers from Colombo and offers a tranquil mountainous backdrop that could be just what you're looking for. Another possibility is Haputale, situated around 173 kilometers away. It boasts breathtaking views of tea plantations and misty mountains, creating a perfect escape for relaxation.
Also, if you're also interested in exploring there are the best places to stay in Memphis. It's always great to gather inspiration from different travel experiences.

Edited by JaylenHouse