• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How good is the 1-1-9 number

carboy2011

I called 119 around 1am morning when my car met an accident. They answered the phone quickly. But they told me they will inform relevant police station (Peradeniya police station) about the accident but there were no information from 119 to Peradeniya Police station by the time I contact Peradeniya Police station around 7am same day. There were no any casualties with that accident so I'm not sure whether they have taken it as a trivial incident.

I have dialled it once on the Kandy road to report a critical accident, but the number was busy. Didn't expect that from an "emergency number". Someone else at the scene eventually got through to them, but by the time an ambulance arrived, the people had got together and transported the injured to hospital already. This was in 2013. 

I have heard similar incidents of people not being able to get through and the poor response time of ambulances and the fire dept. So I would say that it's not a reliable service (yet). Not even close to those of developed countries.

Just my 2 cents. 

well apart from automotive issues,i have friends who have 'kudda's ' coming during the day when the younger folk are away and coming with a list esp just before poson,vesak ,auvurudu and Christmas with bogus lists and tried to intimidate them when refused money,seems to be a menace in attiidiya area

so wondering how to counter it

8 hours ago, carboy2011 said:

well apart from automotive issues,i have friends who have 'kudda's ' coming during the day when the younger folk are away and coming with a list esp just before poson,vesak ,auvurudu and Christmas with bogus lists and tried to intimidate them when refused money,seems to be a menace in attiidiya area

get a dog

• Like 1

12 hours ago, carboy2011 said:

Like most other Govt functions in SL best to deal informally with the police to get something done effectively......Mount police loves hunting down those "kuddas" and giving them hell - I have personally seen, and all of them are know to the Mount police- so best to get a known cop to handle this......if not start getting friendly with one :)

Edited by tharindra

On 1/5/2017 at 0:29 PM, tharindra said:

Like most other Govt functions in SL best to deal informally with the police to get something done effectively......Mount police loves hunting down those "kuddas" and giving them hell - I have personally seen, and all of them are know to the Mount police- so best to get a known cop to handle this......if not start getting friendly with one :)

hmmm good idea mate!

this is in Dehiwela jurisdiction I think