• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Navigation start automatically

Wasif2283

Question

I am driving toyota aqua 2014 and it's media player mrz06 starts navigation automatically on and off with some sound info.in my area there is no navigation support avaliable. So I think it's display information of some other country. How to fix .

I am not using the car in Japan it's imported from japan and using in Pakistan. Before some time it's  never do like that but now starts automatically navigation and switch screen between available and navigation. As I am not using the navigation support from the service providers in Pakistan and language is Japanese. 

How is can fix this 

Edited by Wasif2283
Add details

10 answers to this question

:) Well..the "some other country" would be Japan. Yes by default it will try to locate the current location of your vehicle (not sure if that can be stopped). Sometimes it shows you being in some weird place in Japan or in the sea :)

try get someone to change the default screen of your player (in some this can't be done as it always goes back to the navigation, especially if no music, etc is being played on the unit and the screen is not turned off). but even then I beleive when you first start it it will say "something" in Japanese and also figure out your current location before it goes to whatever default screen you have selected.

14 hours ago, iRage said:

:) Well..the "some other country" would be Japan. Yes by default it will try to locate the current location of your vehicle (not sure if that can be stopped). Sometimes it shows you being in some weird place in Japan or in the sea :)

try get someone to change the default screen of your player (in some this can't be done as it always goes back to the navigation, especially if no music, etc is being played on the unit and the screen is not turned off). but even then I beleive when you first start it it will say "something" in Japanese and also figure out your current location before it goes to whatever default screen you have selected.

Mine shows the port it was shipped out of Japan.:D

On 2/4/2017 at 9:18 AM, sathyajithj99 said:

By the way this is the Navigation DVD I received when I bought the car. When I insert it to the DVD nav. Rom it shows a port in Japan and that's all. Do we have similar DVDs with Sri Lankan maps which we can buy?

IMAG0267.jpg

Petco is selling mirrorlink units for 12k, you can fix it and mirror Google maps from your phone. 

Edited by The Stig

7 hours ago, The Stig said:

Petco is selling mirrorlink units for 12k, you can fix it and mirror Google maps from your phone. 

According to this article, in the future we will not face any issues in car navigation. It says nearly 100 electronics, phone, and vehicle manufacturers joined together to form the Car Connectivity Constortium. The goal: to create an industry-standardized system to provide in-car control over a wide range of smartphones using a wide range of stereo systems. The result: MirrorLink.

The Android Auto is similar to MirrorLink, but it's more widely available on new car stereos.

14 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

According to this article, in the future we will not face any issues in car navigation. It says nearly 100 electronics, phone, and vehicle manufacturers joined together to form the Car Connectivity Constortium. The goal: to create an industry-standardized system to provide in-car control over a wide range of smartphones using a wide range of stereo systems. The result: MirrorLink.

The Android Auto is similar to MirrorLink, but it's more widely available on new car stereos.

Android auto head units from reputed manufacturers now start from $700 onwards. That's just too much money for a head unit. Mirror link will work just as well, the only downside is it's only one way communication so you can't control your phone with the petco unit.