• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota 121 Central Locking

Anuz91

Question

Dear all,

Warm wishes for a Happy new year. 

Recently, the front driver side door central locking actuator has stopped working. But still the door can be locked using the key hole. The part number i found from online parts catalogue is 69110-12070  and I'm attaching pictures of the device as well. I would like to know a place this could be bought locally. Preferably around Kandy. 

Thank you in advance. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

8 answers to this question

Thank you all for your reply.
The problem with ebay is that the parts there are for left hand side driven cars. So the main actuator(with 6 pins) is for the left hand side door. where what I need is main actuator for the right hand side. So ebay parts will not match.
Have to do a lil search in the delkanda area. 

OK This is not for the same car,I have a similar problem with my Sedan.

1. 3 weeks ago, Car was locked with key fob and the battery terminals removed(to save battery during my absence)
  2. Now the key does not turn fully in the Driver side door key-cylinder, it seems stuck
  3. Apart from DS door,only the Boot can be opened,but there is a metal panel between boot and rear seat,no access confused.gif

Any ideas how to access the passenger compartment?
I saw this somewhere in internet how to supply the car when battery is removed. too risky than going in from the boot by cutting off the metal panel with a grinder?

Quote:

This is what I would do, I'd borrow a battery and a set of jumper cables. I would get under the car and ground the chassis/engine and power the heavy gauge starter cable.

This way you should be able to use your remote and roll your windows down.

smile.gif

2017-12-08_15h52_31.png

Edited by ajm

6 hours ago, ajm said:

OK This is not for the same car,I have a similar problem with my Sedan.

1. 3 weeks ago, Car was locked with key fob and the battery terminals removed(to save battery during my absence)
  2. Now the key does not turn fully in the Driver side door key-cylinder, it seems stuck
  3. Apart from DS door,only the Boot can be opened,but there is a metal panel between boot and rear seat,no access confused.gif

Any ideas how to access the passenger compartment?
I saw this somewhere in internet how to supply the car when battery is removed. too risky than going in from the boot by cutting off the metal panel with a grinder?

Quote:

This is what I would do, I'd borrow a battery and a set of jumper cables. I would get under the car and ground the chassis/engine and power the heavy gauge starter cable.

This way you should be able to use your remote and roll your windows down.

smile.gif

2017-12-08_15h52_31.png

If I understand correctly, you are trying to gain access to the cabin to open the bonnet and reconnect the battery. If that's the case:

Have you tried opening the front passenger side door with the key (if it has one)?

Have you tried to open the bonnet by accessing the latch through the grill? This way, you can install the battery and proceed with unlocking using the key fob. 

yes,i need to power up the electrical system to open with keyfob. only the drivers side and boot(dikiya) have key cylinders. No I haven't thought of accessing the latch through grill,is it possible / standard in all cars?(wouldn't that be a security weakness if it was possible,last thing I should worry about?)

Edited by ajm