• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Less Troblesome Used vehicle ...............

Aship

Dear Experts,

Let me know what is the less troblesome used vehicle out of below list. Thanks.

YOM: 2007-2009  with Auto Transmission

Budget: Rs. 3.2-3.5m

1. Toyota Corrolla 141        2. Toyota Avanza    3. Toyota Belta   4. Toyota Yaris    

5. Nissan Bluebird             6. Nissan Tida         7. Mitsubishi Lancer

8. Honda Area                   9. Kia Sorento         10. Hyhundai Tucson

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Aship

Though I'm not an expert would like to contribute with my 2 cents. 

"less troublesome" - Focusing on reliability and easy maintainability it will be Corolla 141 vs Belta. 

Both are proven as reliable and easily maintainable cars.

But Beltas have CVT gearboxes and after 100k on the odo there may be a possible replacement that would cost a little bit. 141s conventional gear box will not have that problem.

So I would name Corolla 141 as the winner here.

4 hours ago, shirand said:

But Beltas have CVT gearboxes and after 100k on the odo there may be a possible replacement that would cost a little bit.

don't know where people find these facts?

wht are the evidences?

all modern toyotas got these cvt, i-cvt gear boxes. most belta got i-cvt.

timely changed oil, strictness to genuine oil & proper usage on gear box will not last it in 100k.

this is applicable for all transmissions in world in general...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uditha88 said:

don't know where people find these facts?

wht are the evidences?

all modern toyotas got these cvt, i-cvt gear boxes. most belta got i-cvt.

timely changed oil, strictness to genuine oil & proper usage on gear box will not last it in 100k.

this is applicable for all transmissions in world in general...

The myth in Sri Lanka " Toyota cars are much more reliable than other car brands" has already changed. In autolanka forum you can  find many  threads on faulty toyota cvt transmission and even similar threads are available on elakiri car forum and Rayaz reviews on CVT. Generally CVTs are not reliable as coventional AT and CVT gives you only more Kmpls and CVT doesn't give better driving pleasure like AT. However the lifetime of the CVT boxes most of the time depends on your driving style (if you're heavy footed driver then CVT is not for you because too much throttling is not good for CVT) and the way you maintain your car. When it comes CVT reliability, Nissan cars are better than other japs brands because JATCO is the company (Nissan own subsidiary) which supply gearboxes to Nissan, Suzuki and several other European auto manufacturers. So thoroughly inspect transmission from agents before buying a belta or any cvt equipped car because this repair may cost atleast Rs.100,000.