• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion 260 Unusual Slow Down

udinnet

Hi Guys,

I brought this pre-owned 2012 Allion 260 about few moths back. Now it has around 57k kms on it. CVT fluid has been changed at 40k.

At the speed of 10-30 km/h when rpm is around 1000 and I try to accelerate the car hesitates, waits for a bit and then leaps forward with a jerk. This situation happens everyday in city traffic.
Also I have noticed that if the car is moving above 30 km/h and i take my foot off the gas pedal then there is engine braking but as soon as the speedometer hits 10 km/h the car runs free. Do any of you guys (allion, premio, axio owners) noticed this behavior?

Thanks.

I have a 2011 allion and does the same.I even checked with toyota they said nothing is wrong and may be because I'm new to cvt I feel this way.I remember driving an aqua but didn't felt such a thing.It Feels like engine brake applying around 10-30km if you take the foot out.But I don't feel any jerk more like a pause.It's like upper 1/3 of the accelerator pedal is not responding.

Edited by GayanR
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, GayanR said:

I have a 2011 allion and does the same.I even checked with toyota they said nothing is wrong and may be because I'm new to cvt I feel this way.I remember driving an aqua but didn't felt such a thing.It Feels like engine brake applying around 10-30km if you take the foot out.But I don't feel any jerk more like a pause.It's like upper 1/3 of the accelerator pedal is not responding.

Exactly!! I think the word pause is better than "jerk". At the time I was composing the post, I didn't find a fitting word for it other than "jerk" :). Just like you said, the car suddenly picking up the momentum without responding to the early stages of the accelerator paddle. I'm also kinda new to CVT. Prior to this car I had fixed-ratio AT cars. What is the millage of your car? and were you done the CVT fluid change?

Thanks for the information BTW. Now I feel bit relaxed.

Edited by udinnet

54 minutes ago, udinnet said:

Exactly!! I think the word pause is better than "jerk". At the time I was composing the post, I didn't find a fitting word for it other than "jerk" :). Just like you said, the car suddenly picking up the momentum without responding to the early stages of the accelerator paddle. I'm also kinda new to CVT. Prior to this car I had fixed-ratio AT cars. What is the millage of your car? and were you done the CVT fluid change?

Thanks for the information BTW. Now I feel bit relaxed.

Millage is same as yours around 55k.Yes I did change cvt fluid and did a tune up too thinking there's an issue.Toyota  rathmalana saying there is no issue with the car and is in very good condition.Anyway I found a workaround that is to press the peddle more than usual compared to a normal 4 speed AT.found a sweet spot.Now the pick up lag is ok.But the engine breaking is there till 30kmph.All are saying it's normal.But it's so annoying.

Edited by GayanR

I second what GayanR has said. I experience the same in my Vitz also. CVTs always give linear acceleration even when the pedal is pressed hardly and that's why they would never do wheel spins.(most of the time)

• 2 years later...
On 12/18/2016 at 4:47 PM, GayanR said:

Have you found the reason? because  i also had same question.

Edited by PDL

On 12/17/2016 at 11:43 PM, udinnet said:

Hi Guys,

I brought this pre-owned 2012 Allion 260 about few moths back. Now it has around 57k kms on it. CVT fluid has been changed at 40k.

At the speed of 10-30 km/h when rpm is around 1000 and I try to accelerate the car hesitates, waits for a bit and then leaps forward with a jerk. This situation happens everyday in city traffic.
Also I have noticed that if the car is moving above 30 km/h and i take my foot off the gas pedal then there is engine braking but as soon as the speedometer hits 10 km/h the car runs free. Do any of you guys (allion, premio, axio owners) noticed this behavior?

Thanks.

Have you found the reason?

5 minutes ago, PDL said:

I just needed to know that is it normal or something wrong.. because i also have noted that for allion 2011

And I just wanted to make a joke ?

But judging by the comments it's the normal behaviour of this particular CVT box.

Ok. if it is a characteristics of allions CVT, Its fine. I just used toyota aqua and compared the driving feelings of both car. That is why i recognized and thought why allion behaves like that. Because both cars from toyota with CVT gear box ??.

4 minutes ago, PDL said:

Ok. if it is a characteristics of allions CVT, Its fine. I just used toyota aqua and compared the driving feelings of both car. That is why i recognized and thought why allion behaves like that. Because both cars from toyota with CVT gear box ??.

Yes you can't throw a Premio around like an aqua. Maybe because it is has a weight advantage + an electric motor to assist the engine

Edited by Hyaenidae
Not the same engine

48 minutes ago, PDL said:

Allion has a traditional CVT and what's Aqua got is an eCVT which is a more complicated and improved version of the Toyota CVT gearboxes (aka electronic CVT). The usual CVT jolt is not there in the eCVT. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PDL said:

Have you found the reason?

Hey man, I already sold the car. But that behaviour is perfectly normal (tested in many Allions and Premios). Don't try to compare conventional CVT with eCVT.

Enjoy! 

On 6/8/2019 at 8:36 PM, PDL said:

I just needed to know that is it normal or something wrong.. because i also have noted that for allion 2011

I had a 2012 260 allion and it behaved the same way. It's because of the CVT design. Quite normal.

Toyota allion 2011 mileage  60000Km.

There is quite vibration in cabin at idle or stopped in traffic but when releasing brake and starting to accelerate, car is completely normal and smoothly accelerate. Anyone can help Why is this vibration. 

(Engine was tuned up in toyota lanka and CVT oil also changed)