• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Please help me.....

Optimus

Hello guys I'm new for forum... Really appreciate yours help

I have read lot of article regurding this at forum and I want your guys direct opinion to choose a good car for my need

I'm a professional who drives daily 30-40km. I have several cars previously. My budget in hand 1.7M. Every two weeks I will drive Colombo to Badulla at my parents house. 

I need a car with 

* Reliable - drive Colombo - Badulla

( sometimes I have to drive along at night )

* Reasonable 2nd Market - Will be sell 8-12 month

* Comfortable due to long drive

* Reasonable  fuel economy 

I have several in my mind but couldn't able to decide 

* Peugeot 406

* Blue bird ( 2000)

* FB 14 

* Corolla 110 - but good vehicle over 2M

* BMW 318 / 320

Welcome to add others also

I don't like Indian crap 

Please very appreciate your help regurding specific matter 

Thank you

25 minutes ago, Optimus said:

Thanks fiatLife.  Is Tercel good car?  My uncle own one and he had lot of complains.... 

Well generally for any vehicle, it depends on how the previous owner has treated the vehicle. Parts can be found easily, but generally these cars are trouble free and will get you from A to B without much of a hassle, the interior is basic, but cant complain.

Soluna is the malaysian make. 

Anw before what you buy, always make good inspections, because these 90% of these vehicles has run above 250k. Also an engine overhaul can be due. 

My family brought a CE 110 with an engine overhaul done and timing belts and all the other parts replaced (Records intact) for a good price 2 weeks ago (16.25) and we went on a 1000+ km trip with it the next week and still going strong. Did 16+ kmpl on the trip and does 11.5 kmpl inside colombo. So all depends on how the previous owner treated the vehicle. 

Normally we SL's are afraid of diesel engines due to the fact that they break down easily, and the owners who have diesel engines wont sell the vehicles easily. Yes if an issue comes it can be troublesome, but if its properly maintained, then no issue. 

Edited by fiatLife
spelling fix
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Optimus said:

Thanks again fiatLife. Any idea about Peugeot, blue bird and BMW...  I consider those people said they are very reliable vehicle and good for long distance drive? 

the bluebird is also good, but i think the spares can be little bit on the costly side (not sure) i dont think it does good on fuel in traffic in colombo, i dont have any knowledge on BMW's, but i can help with Peugeot. Parts are there, if everything is replaced by originals or alike, then there is no issue, have a classy look to the brand, a handful of mechanics are around. As long as any brand is maintained, you should be pretty much trouble free. Also Peugeot parts can be on the costly side (some parts), but lasts a lot longer.

13 minutes ago, Chandu99 said:

Honda ek3, city, mazda 323, mitsubishi ck2, suzuki liana,wingroad

Can also vouch for Liana as its notable for not giving any trouble. but i think they are on the pricey side with false odo readings and all. I was looking at Liana's before buying the CE 110. Also got help from other forum members. If you are looking for a liana, do buzz me up :)

Thanks Clark's son , chandu 99, fiatLife 

Seems to be peogout not a good option, it will be very hard to find vehicle maintain like that. 

Most of good condition ek3  above 20lak ??

Seems to be Mazda 323 good option,  is it very reliable car for long distance drive??  

I like 110 , bummer all good cars arround  20-24lak

1 hour ago, Optimus said:

Thanks Clark's son , chandu 99, fiatLife 

Seems to be peogout not a good option, it will be very hard to find vehicle maintain like that. 

Most of good condition ek3  above 20lak ??

Seems to be Mazda 323 good option,  is it very reliable car for long distance drive??  

I like 110 , bummer all good cars arround  20-24lak

the 323 is a good option. Its a very underestimated car but it's solid and reliable. For the price you pay you get a relatively good car. But this budget range deals with old cars so make sure you inspect well and find a well maintained one. 

As for 110 it's overpriced. majority have been abused severly, fake odo's , open-papers, plus dirty repair jobs. 110 , 121 etc are buy-and-sell guy's wet dream. So chances of finding a decent specimen are very low. 

Edited by matroska

21 minutes ago, matroska said:

the 323 is a good option. Its a very underestimated car but it's solid and reliable. For the price you pay you get a relatively good car. But this budget range deals with old cars so make sure you inspect well and find a well maintained one. 

As for 110 it's overpriced. majority have been abused severly, fake odo's , open-papers, plus dirty repair jobs. 110 , 121 etc are buy-and-sell guy's wet dream. So chances of finding a decent specimen are very low. 

Thanks pal... 

Anyone with BMW 316i kind enough to comments?  

And FB 14 any ideas guys?  

Add my list to - Mazda 323 , Tercel  ???

1 hour ago, Optimus said:

Thanks pal... 

Anyone with BMW 316i kind enough to comments?  

And FB 14 any ideas guys?  

Add my list to - Mazda 323 , Tercel  ???

FB14 is a decent but uninspiring car- A typical 90's Jap car without too many bells and whistles. Kind of Bland/dull to drive. Dad had one for a decade. Not too good on fuel if that's a concern. I've heard many horror stories on this forum but i guess those were poorly maintained ones. The one we had was well maintained other than having to replace the steering wheel and the fuel indicator floater it never gave us trouble.

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

the FB14 and the Nissan Presea R11 has the same engine FYI :D 

Ah..here we go again :D 

On 12/13/2016 at 8:42 PM, Optimus said:

I need a car with 

* Peugeot 406

* Blue bird ( 2000)

* FB 14 

* BMW 318 / 320

18 hours ago, Clark's son said:

Add mitsubishi galant to your list

Please, don't.

While the Galant ticks most boxes of your list (Obviously not fuel economy!), I don't expect you to take care of the car if you intend to sell it off within 8-12 months ruining a good car and ruining the ownership experience for some unsuspecting buyer in time to come.

Stick to an econobox. 

Edited by Sierra Charlie
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, matroska said:

FB14 is a decent but uninspiring car- A typical 90's Jap car without too many bells and whistles. Kind of Bland/dull to drive. 

Ah..here we go again :D 

But in the other hand the Presea has the bells and whistles and not at all dull to drive right :D so since its the same engine, maybe the OP will consider this who knows :D

Toyota vios (auto) would be a better option for your requirement. Its economical (14-15km/l without A/C), reliable, comfortable, second hand range (2008 avg) 26-27M. If you go like 2003-2004, you would get a better price for the budget.

Its worthier than many Korean/Indian made ones nowadays sold in SL...

Edited by TomEd

15 minutes ago, TomEd said:

Toyota vios (auto) would be a better option for your requirement. Its economical (14-15km/l without A/C), reliable, comfortable, second hand range (2008 avg) 26-27M. If you go like 2003-2004, you would get a better price for the budget.

VIOS does NOT do 14/15 in colombo.. My dad has a manual vios and after all the tuneup and everything in order it still does max only 10km in colombo with A/C though.. plus who would want to drive without A/C? Driving without A/C in this climate, just to save 1km additional is a curse man

Edited by PreseaLover

12 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

VIOS does NOT do 14/15 in colombo.. My dad has a manual vios and after all the tuneup and everything in order it still does max only 10km in colombo... 

What did you use? mineral oil or full synthetic velocity? Yeah vios doesn't do more than 10 in city,But my auto did the same I think manual should do at least 11 or 12.

Edited by GayanR

13 minutes ago, GayanR said:

What did you use? mineral oil or full synthetic velocity? Yeah vios doesn't do more than 10 in city,But my auto did the same I think manual should do at least 11 or 12.

for the tuneup? took it to dhammika! I doubt, because in this city traffic you never get to shift to the 4th gear at all..

46 minutes ago, TomEd said:

On 12/13/2016 at 8:42 PM, Optimus said:

I have read lot of article regurding this at forum and I want your guys direct opinion to choose a good car for my need

I'm a professional who drives daily 30-40km. I have several cars previously. My budget in hand 1.7M. Every two weeks I will drive Colombo to Badulla at my parents house. 

I need a car with 

* Peugeot 406

* Blue bird ( 2000)

* FB 14 

* BMW 318 / 320

Welcome to add others also

I don't like Indian crap 

Please very appreciate your help regurding specific matter 

Thank you

5 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

for the tuneup? took it to dhammika! I doubt, because in this city traffic you never get to shift to the 4th gear at all..

No no I mean for the engine oil what did you use.dhammika is very poor with Vvt engines.

Thanks everyone for valuable ideas... 

Vios over my budget 

Galent lot of bad comments on forum except for comfortability.

And no FB 14 and presea... Lolz ? ? ? 

How about blue bird (2000) and BMW (316/320) ??