• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion Or Premio (2016) ?

gayankap

Question

12 hours ago, gayankap said:

if gonnu buying allion and premios then if the internal engines are the same as previous models then why the heck are those older models still popular ? wont that make the newer models a bit popular too.

You have confused POPULAR with GOOD. When something is popular, it doesn't mean its good, especially in Sri Lankan context. There are lot of things which are popular in Sri Lanka - astrology, Dr. M. Silva, Mr. W*nigaratne's Feng Shui etc. etc. This country is full of stupid people and if that's what you wish to be, then go right ahead and buy a Premio.

I believe irage has elaborated the problems with this better than I could and Clarkson has given you far better options than a Premio/Allion. 

I too agree that 9kmpl is the best you can get out of an Allion/Premio. And finally to my favourite comment about fuel economy - "What people say about their penis sizes and the fuel consumption figures of their vehicles is best to be ignored"

• Like 1

Apart from the appearance I think both are same mechanically. Interior is almost the same, options and features are almost the same. Both will have almost same fuel figures. But here in Sri Lanka, the Premio seems to have a better market value than the Aliion.

Edited by asrock
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, asrock said:

Apart from the appearance I think both are same mechanically. Interior is almost the same, options and features are almost the same. Both will have almost same fuel figures. But here in Sri Lanka, the Premio seems to have a better market value than the Aliion.

I think the 1st gen Allion has more market value than Premio but in the second gen Premio wins

Like the other have said the only difference is the physical appearance. Mechanically, and even the general design of the interior is exactly the same. The two cars were sold from two different dealership lines in Japan and intended for two different market segments. As such, the options and accessories available are slightly different.

On Monday, December 12, 2016 at 10:52 AM, gayankap said:

Gonna Buy Allion 2016 Or A Premio 2016 , Any Suggestions , Advice ?

Which Is The Better Buy ?

Fuel Consumption City & Outstation ?

Thanks

Your calling yourself a gonna (cow) and I second it

Because your going to spend around 8mill on a 1.5L car.

Edited by Clark's son
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Clark's son said:

actually the reason is im using a xtrail at the moment , previously i had a prius 2016 , which for the 1.8 engine it had the fuel consumption have been great and the performance too but the ground clearence have been terrible , i sold it out ,

xtrail can go anywhere i want but i miss the good fuel consumption of the prius thats why im looking for a car for secondary use.

9 minutes ago, gayankap said:

actually the reason is im using a xtrail at the moment , previously i had a prius 2016 , which for the 1.8 engine it had the fuel consumption have been great and the performance too but the ground clearence have been terrible , i sold it out ,

xtrail can go anywhere i want but i miss the good fuel consumption of the prius thats why im looking for a car for secondary use.

Having 8m to spend and worry about fuel consumption.I don't see the connection :wacko: Why did you sell the Prius?Anyway both are basically the same other than outer appearance.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GayanR said:

Having 8m to spend and worry about fuel consumption.I don't see the connection :wacko: Why did you sell the Prius?Anyway both are basically the same other than outer appearance.

the prius ? it have been a pain in the a** when im going outstation , it did better on carpet roads and highways but in other areas like in roads with pot holes and bumps ... heck i cant take it in from the bumper infront of the majestic city car park enterence ... the 2016 model is even lower in ground clearence than the previous models by some inches and even that makes the car driving on damaged on bumpy roads a disaster ...

i have my eyes on axio wxb too ...

Edited by gayankap

1 minute ago, gayankap said:

the prius ? it have been a pain in the a** when im going outstation , it did better on carpet roads and highways but in other areas like in roads with pot holes and bumps ... heck i cant take it in from the bumper infront of the majestic city car park enterence ...

i have my eyes on axio wxb too ...

I think you better go with an allion or a premio.Both are a class higher than the axio and looks good too.It's not that underpowered.But you should think twice before passing someone on a hill road.

1 hour ago, Clark's son said:

I totally agree with this comment. Only a Gona will buy a 2016 Allion or a Premio.

Why?

Both these cars haven't had a serious model changes since 2002 (or is it 2001?). There have been cosmetic changes, gearbox changes but its the same bloody engine and the internals. Reminds me of the aging street hookers who keep applying more make-up to desperately try and attract customers.

So the gona comment applies more ways than one for potential 2016 Allion/Premio buyers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Clark's son said:

how old are you ? :P

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

I totally agree with this comment. Only a Gona will buy a 2016 Allion or a Premio.

Why?

Both these cars haven't had a serious model changes since 2002 (or is it 2001?). There have been cosmetic changes, gearbox changes but its the same bloody engine and the internals. Reminds me of the aging street hookers who keep applying more make-up to desperately try and attract customers.

So the gona comment applies more ways than one for potential 2016 Allion/Premio buyers.

if gonnu buying allion and premios then if the internal engines are the same as previous models then why the heck are those older models still popular ? wont that make the newer models a bit popular too.

9 hours ago, gayankap said:

No point in trying to convince a guy hell bent on buying Allion/Premio or Axio WXB with a budget of Rs.8.0Mn. For me its more of an economic decision rather than a decision from a consumer point of view.

10 hours ago, gayankap said:

You to have to factor in a few other components as to why the Allion/Premio were popular back then. There were ship loads of them brought down on permits. On top of that I doubt the thing cost 8.0mil  in the past. The car's popularity did drop with the price of Hybrid vehicles (especially with the likes of the Weasel) lowering. A lot of people bought them because of the effects of "pack mentality" <which is a perfectly natural thing> and for most people the Allion/Premio for the most part defined what a luxury car is..so much so that they were even dissing brands like Benz and BMW.

Now...there is nothing wrong with the car. It is a mid size econo box that will get you from point A to point B in decent comfort. However, I have to ask if you are buying the Allion/Premio for the right reason. The 1.5L is a tad under-powered when it is fully loaded (compared to the 1.8L); so does every other 1.5L car and that is not necessarily a deal killer. You might get the slight increase in ride height however I seriously doubt you will get the fuel figures anything close to a Prius. A lot of people have a tendency to exaggerate their fuel figures (I don't know why) so don't be surprised/dissapointed if you end up getting about 9 on average instead of the 12/13 some people claim it does.  Also, Toyota has been hinting at a model replacement since 2015 but has been putting it back. The new variant which is based on the platform of the export model Corolla is supposed to have a Hybrid variant as well (which Toyota uses as an excuse for the delay...). But then again, people in the Japanese automotive world are also wandering if Toyota is going to scrap the Allion/Premio in lieu for a new "car" just like Toyota scrapped the RAV4 from the domestic market in lieu for the CHR.

Here is a thought...why won't you rent an Allion/Premio for a few weeks and see if it ticks all the boxes ? Might save you the pain of dropping 8mil to find out it doesn't meet your needs.

11 minutes ago, iRage said:

You to have to factor in a few other components as to why the Allion/Premio were popular back then. There were ship loads of them brought down on permits. On top of that I doubt the thing cost 8.0mil  in the past. The car's popularity did drop with the price of Hybrid vehicles (especially with the likes of the Weasel) lowering. A lot of people bought them because of the effects of "pack mentality" <which is a perfectly natural thing> and for most people the Allion/Premio for the most part defined what a luxury car is..so much so that they were even dissing brands like Benz and BMW.

Here is a thought...why won't you rent an Allion/Premio for a few weeks and see if it ticks all the boxes ? Might save you the pain of dropping 8mil to find out it doesn't meet your needs.

back in the 2000's Allions/Premios were considered luxury car's by the masses ( Mudalalis' Ferrari) that's why you see many Allion/Premios with 'sought-after' numbers like JA 6969, 2525 etc. The market came down after the hybrid invasion.

12 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Why?

I guess with the makabasses in SL older tech is considered as the 'safer' option. I have heard one garage bass give advice to a prospective car buyer  not to buy newer  cars and try to buy 121 or vios from the early 2000's cos 'ewa wala leda adui...hadanna lesi'  

14 hours ago, gayankap said:

You'll not get prius economy from a premio/allion

It'll do just above the figure of a xtrail. Don't listen to crappy sellers tell you. This is personal experience from a premio.

If you like your xtrail and want economy and have 8mill at your disposal go for a diesel xtrail will be more economical than a premio

And also you could go for Other diesel  suvs with good economy and ground clearance like the santafe sorrento or monterosport

I guess you're wasting your money spending 8m for a 2016 allion or a premio unless you're too addicted to the new design.It's not even a new model just a facelift.I have a 2011 allion and not impressed with the fuel economy.Top of that I never liked the car even I so wanted to like it.If I were you I'll go for a 2011 allion get the same comfort and fuel economy and spend the rest 3m on an aqua.

1 hour ago, matroska said:

I guess with the makabasses in SL older tech is considered as the 'safer' option. I have heard one garage bass give advice to a prospective car buyer  not to buy newer  cars and try to buy 121 or vios from the early 2000's cos 'ewa wala leda adui...hadanna lesi'  

Some aspects are true because these newer ones comes with clutch less a/c systems that tends to fail overtime which is a pain in the A**.

36 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

You have confused POPULAR with GOOD. When something is popular, it doesn't mean its good, especially in Sri Lankan context. There are lot of things which are popular in Sri Lanka - astrology, Dr. M. Silva, Mr. W*nigaratne's Feng Shui etc. etc. This country is full of stupid people and if that's what you wish to be, then go right ahead and buy a Premio.

I believe irage has elaborated the problems with this better than I could and Clarkson has given you far better options than a Premio/Allion. 

I too agree that 9kmpl is the best you can get out of an Allion/Premio. And finally to my favourite comment about fuel economy - "What people say about their penis sizes and the fuel consumption figures of their vehicles is best to be ignored"

:D summarized beautifully

2 hours ago, Crosswind said:

you sir deserve a jar  of cookies. :D 

9 hours ago, iRage said:

Now...there is nothing wrong with the car. It is a mid size econo box that will get you from point A to point B in decent comfort. 

Are  you sure it's a mid size sedan? Because AFAIK allion and premio are compact sedans. Camry, Mark X etc are the mid size sedans of Toyota.

1 hour ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Are  you sure it's a mid size sedan? Because AFAIK allion and premio are compact sedans. Camry, Mark X etc are the mid size sedans of Toyota.

Yeah....you are right...upper end of the compact spectrum. Its a bit tough to neatly put Japanese cars in to those categories because the car is defined and targeted based on taxation size.