Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
manjulabw

swift jap vs wagon r

Recommended Posts

Wagon R hybrid.

a small spacious car. suitable for Colombo. 

New and less problems

 

Downside 650cc engine so dont expect the power of swift!

 

Swift is big and has better power than wagon R but old and will give trouble after some time now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea what Zeem is exactly referring to in regards to the Swift being old...

What year of Swift are you looking at ? Same goes for the Wagon R.

The Z series body Swift (Beetle something known in SL) has been in production from 2004 til now with a model change in 2010.

The H series body Swift (jeel model ?) was in production from 2000 till 2004.

Whether the car will have trouble depends on the condition of the car let it be new or old. There are plenty of two or three year old cars that have been abused and are full of trouble. And plenty of unregistered cars in car sales that are patched up discarded junk from Japan. On the other hand expect to do a few more preemptive maintenance work on a older car than on a newer one (but a newer one will also need such work).

To answer your question.....it is good you are going for a Japanese swift. The indian one has a poor safety rating. The Swift is larger and will give you more space for the family and it is a much better ride than the Wagon R. Also, the swift is a lot more fun to drive.

The Wagon R is a kei car and with its small engine is well suited for city use. It will do out station runs but you will feel the strain and also won't be as comfy as the Swift. The Wagon R's seats (especially the rear) are very basic bench type seats...comfy for city use but long distance runs...aaggghhh... Also, you wont get any space to put more than a medium size suitcase in the back with occupants in the back seat. 

The Wagon R with its small engine and mid hybrid will offer you better fuel economy on day to day use...

All in all I believe a Swift would be a better all round family car.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irage, thank for your kindly explain. So please let me know common problem in swift car and spare parices,  also most i use it in weekend.  Also please suggest me good car on that price range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not used a Swift for along period of time to tell you what the common problems are...you might want to check user forums etc to get an idea about them. All in all the Japanese swift is a decently built car and I believe it will run decently as long as it is taken care of.

Having said that...you do have to note that there is no car in this planet that is 100% bug free...they all have some kind of small twirks and kinks...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2016 at 7:30 PM, iRage said:

I have no idea what Zeem is exactly referring to in regards to the Swift being old...

What year of Swift are you looking at ? Same goes for the Wagon R.

The Z series body Swift (Beetle something known in SL) has been in production from 2004 til now with a model change in 2010.

The H series body Swift (jeel model ?) was in production from 2000 till 2004.

Whether the car will have trouble depends on the condition of the car let it be new or old. There are plenty of two or three year old cars that have been abused and are full of trouble. And plenty of unregistered cars in car sales that are patched up discarded junk from Japan. On the other hand expect to do a few more preemptive maintenance work on a older car than on a newer one (but a newer one will also need such work).

To answer your question.....it is good you are going for a Japanese swift. The indian one has a poor safety rating. The Swift is larger and will give you more space for the family and it is a much better ride than the Wagon R. Also, the swift is a lot more fun to drive.

The Wagon R is a kei car and with its small engine is well suited for city use. It will do out station runs but you will feel the strain and also won't be as comfy as the Swift. The Wagon R's seats (especially the rear) are very basic bench type seats...comfy for city use but long distance runs...aaggghhh... Also, you wont get any space to put more than a medium size suitcase in the back with occupants in the back seat. 

The Wagon R with its small engine and mid hybrid will offer you better fuel economy on day to day use...

All in all I believe a Swift would be a better all round family car.

What can u get for 3mn as he has mentioned? Obviously an old swift!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iRage said:

I have not used a Swift for along period of time to tell you what the common problems are...you might want to check user forums etc to get an idea about them. All in all the Japanese swift is a decently built car and I believe it will run decently as long as it is taken care of.

Having said that...you do have to note that there is no car in this planet that is 100% bug free...they all have some kind of small twirks and kinks...

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zeem35 said:

What can u get for 3mn as he has mentioned? Obviously an old swift!

 

Aha ! ....wouldn't a 2007/2008 Japanese Swift run for that price ?

The key is to find a a well maintained unit...which are around....if the car has been properly maintained it will give you trouble free usage with scheduled services and recommended pre-emptive maintenance. Be patient...don't jump and buy the first car that looks nice and shiny...get it properly checked out by an independent professional body.Just because a car is old or has run 100,000kms it doesn't mean its going to give you trouble.  Also, in Sri Lanka just because you buy an unregistered car it doesn't mean it is not going to give you trouble.

I still say the Swift would be a better choice as a car than the Wagon R as it will be a family weekender (so the better gas mileage in city traffic on a daily basis with the Wagon R does not come in to effect that much).

 

Edited by iRage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i owned a 2004 SWIFT sometime back (beetle), Comfortable (Comfier than Honda Vezel), good options for price, Spares were readily available.

Relatively low fuel economy and very small turning circle. (Verry difficult to do U turns and stuff.)

No idea about Wagon R

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I have been interested in a swift beetle so I could give some information on price. 

  • 2005 - 2.5/2.6M
  • 2007 - 2.7M - 3M1 ( Can't understand the logic here )
  • 2008 - 2.8M - 31M
  • 2009 - 2.9M - 32M

These are actual prices I have seen in advertisements( Yes I have a google spreadsheet where I List car with year , price and other details ). I can understand price variation on following facts

  • Intelligent key model
  • Touch A/C
  • Winker Mirrors
  • Multifunction steering wheel
  • Owner
  • Milage ( Which I do not trust most of the time )

But looking into data I have collection some advertisements doesn't make any sense at all. People lover their cars and etc I get that but some people pus ridiculous figures for their car. Still I'm searching for a 2007/2008 one for 2.7M - 2.8M. That is also bit overprice as I feel. 

Edited by ravindasenarath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×