• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kal Dis

Is Toyota Soluna good ?

Question

I hope buying new car avg 1.7 m. Im happy about toyota Soluna.But it's Price is cheaper than Other japan Vehicles.what's the reason?

9 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, Kal Dis said:

I hope buying new car avg 1.7 m. Im happy about toyota Soluna.But it's Price is cheaper than Other japan Vehicles.what's the reason?

Soluna is made in Thailand. It was never made in Japan. That's the reason for the low price.

If you are happy, buy it.

• Like 1

It is a solid car and has typical Toyota reliability. It is cheap and hell it feels like it, especially the interior, not the easiest car to sell either. 

IT'S MADE IN THAILAND :( So don't expect Jap build quality.At the end of the day, all modern  cars are good if properly maintained.+++++++

Edited by Twin Turbo

I think solunas were run as taxis in Thailand at that time

solid but  dull car... i have a friend who's been abusing one for over 5 years now without any major issues. Don't be overly worried about resale etc. If the particular specimen you're looking at is good and you're happy with it buy it..

2 hours ago, Uditha88 said:

itz jdm model "Corsa" may be another good option....

The Soluna never had a JDM equivalent. The Corsa/Tercel was based on the starlet platform....the Soluna was was based on its own platform (which had roots to older models of Toyota sedans).

The only thing common with the Soluna and the Corsa/Tercel and other Japanese models is some components such as the engine, gearbox, etc...

Considering how reluctant current owners are to let go of their Solunas, I do believe it's a solid car. And don't let the fact that it's made in Thailand put you off, my Vios was as solid and reliable as they came.