• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 2007 to 2010 Appearance Conversion

sch993

Guys, need some honest opinions. Is there anyone who converted the appearance of a 2007 Allion 260 to a 2010 Allion 260 by changing the Old Lights and Buffers to new ones? If so, do we need to change any brackets or do they get fixed to the same brackets? 

Edited by sch993

I have seen cars on which this has been done but i'm not sure of the procedures.

Photo of TOYOTA ALLION A15 G PACKAGE / used TOYOTA

Photo of TOYOTA ALLION A18 G PACKAGE / used TOYOTA

The shape of the front headlights seems to slightly different at the place where it meets the grill so the mounting could be different as well. Also the grill seems to be built into the bumper in the face lift model where as it looks separate in the pre-face lift.

Personally I wouldnt do this and I find the pre-face lift better looking with a body kit than the face lift

Photo of TOYOTA ALLION A18 S PACKAGE / used TOYOTA

9 minutes ago, Magnum said:

I have seen cars on which this has been done but i'm not sure of the procedures.

Photo of TOYOTA ALLION A15 G PACKAGE / used TOYOTA

Photo of TOYOTA ALLION A18 G PACKAGE / used TOYOTA

The shape of the front headlights seems to slightly different at the place where it meets the grill so the mounting could be different as well. Also the grill seems to be built into the bumper in the face lift model where as it looks separate in the pre-face lift.

Personally I wouldnt do this and I find the pre-face lift better looking with a body kit than the face lift

Photo of TOYOTA ALLION A18 S PACKAGE / used TOYOTA

Thanks alot Magnum for the informative reply :D

Considering you have to change the lights is this really worth it ? I would reckon actual/original Allion lights would cost a pretty penny...unless you are willing to go with cheap chinese ones...but then that is just waste. Also, it would just look incomplete without the rear lights getting swapped.

Also, if you do this conversion, people (especially those who will be buying the car when you sell it someday) will be suspicious that you had an accident and fixed it up with facelift parts...so you will be giving them a haggling point.

Get a proper TRD or Modellista body kit and wheels for what you have...a much better use of the money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Considering you have to change the lights is this really worth it ? I would reckon actual/original Allion lights would cost a pretty penny...unless you are willing to go with cheap chinese ones...but then that is just waste. Also, it would just look incomplete without the rear lights getting swapped.

Also, if you do this conversion, people (especially those who will be buying the car when you sell it someday) will be suspicious that you had an accident and fixed it up with facelift parts...so you will be giving them a haggling point.

Get a proper TRD or Modellista body kit and wheels for what you have...a much better use of the money.

Thanks iRage. I was planning to swap headlights, shell, front bumper, rear lights and the rear bumper. The original ones cost alot but there is always a possibility to exchange the old parts to the above mentioned new parts right?

And your point is true. People will suspect it pretty much everytime they see it. 

1 hour ago, sch993 said:

Thanks iRage. I was planning to swap headlights, shell, front bumper, rear lights and the rear bumper. The original ones cost alot but there is always a possibility to exchange the old parts to the above mentioned new parts right?

And your point is true. People will suspect it pretty much everytime they see it. 

Yes...the parts exchange option is there....but you are probably going to get a not so very good price for the parts off your old car. So the question is is the cost worth it. Which is why I am with Magnum on this....get a proper TRD Sportivo or Modelista kit and wheels for the Allion. Personally I think that looks a lot better, would stand out from the crowd of other million Allions and added benefit is it would actually help keep the car's value (or in SL increase it...), whilst the facelift upgrade will only draw suspicion and the car will look like every other facelift Allion out there but just not complete..

22 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

Nope, just noticed Mitsi LanEX and Toyota Allion (S package)? both have the same wheels :D 

Not the same wheels. The ones on the Mitsi are 10 spoke 18 inch 7J. The Allion ones are 8 spoke, probably smaller in size too.

3 hours ago, Davy said:

Not the same wheels. The ones on the Mitsi are 10 spoke 18 inch 7J. The Allion ones are 8 spoke, probably smaller in size too.

The first one's a GT it seems, the GLX/GLS has 10 - spoke 16 inch wheels

The wheels on the Allion are also 10 - spoke, or my eyes are deceiving me

hGrGf3u.jpg 

47 minutes ago, Jor-el said:

The first one's a GT it seems, the GLX/GLS has 10 - spoke 16 inch wheels

The wheels on the Allion are also 10 - spoke, or my eyes are deceiving me

hGrGf3u.jpg 

Allion is 10 spoke as well. However the pattern is different. You will notice that in the allion the spokes meet the outer perimeter at a slight angle making the spokes appear as if it is in a twirl. The Lancer's spokes meet the outer perimeter perpendicularly. 

On 30/11/2016 at 5:30 AM, iRage said:

This is true. Recently I changed my axio's front shell with a luxel one. Some of my friends asked me whether I met with an accident.:angry:

IMG_20161029_175809.jpg

2 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

You're the only one who told that the old one looks better machan ;)

Both are good.But I prefer the old one it seems corolla to me ^_^ I guess the the new shell would match better with a white color car.

14 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

You're the only one who told that the old one looks better machan ;)

I like the older front fascia as well. I think it looks more 'no nonsense' and simple with crisp lines. It looks good with the modellista or TRD kits. The facelift's front looks too plasticy and flowy for my taste...and with the body kit the front looks like Cinderella trying to pull off an EMO look.

20 hours ago, GayanR said:

Both are good.But I prefer the old one it seems corolla to me ^_^ I guess the the new shell would match better with a white color car.

7 hours ago, iRage said:

I like the older front fascia as well. I think it looks more 'no nonsense' and simple with crisp lines. It looks good with the modellista or TRD kits. The facelift's front looks too plasticy and flowy for my taste...and with the body kit the front looks like Cinderella trying to pull off an EMO look.

Thanks for your ideas guys. Anyway I like the new look and just gonna stick with it. :wub:

IMAG0115_1.jpg