• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

AXIO NZE 144

kassapa

Question

Hi experts,

I have my eyes on a toyota NZE 144 with 60k milage (buyer told me it as a AXIO 2007). but people say its a waste since it is a 4W car. offer is 3.7 million.

but i searched a bit and it is not 4W drive car but  "all wheel drive car" built for good handling. any comments on whether to go for it.

need to know your ideas on this

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, kassapa said:

Hi experts,

I have my eyes on a toyota NZE 144 with 60k milage (buyer told me it as a AXIO 2007). but people say its a waste since it is a 4W car. offer is 3.7 million.

but i searched a bit and it is not 4W drive car but  "all wheel drive car" built for good handling. any comments on whether to go for it.

need to know your ideas on this

Well...dot expect "good handling" as in a Evo or WRX. It will help a bit on rainy slippery roads and snowy roads by distributing the power to the rear wheels if the front wheels detect a spin. Most of the time the car will run in 2WD mode. I am not sure whether the 144 came with the electro-magnetic coupler or the viscous-coupler.

The AWD version might get a tad lower fuel consumption due to factors like it being a bit heavier and all four wheels getting driven (on the occasional off-chance). However, I personally believe the fluctuations of your body weight would have a greater effect on fuel consumption that the above factors.

As for maintenance cost....well you will have to service the rear diff when it is time. Just an oil change which costs a bottle of whatever gear oil is recommended. There might be things like boots and hub bearings that may require change with age. The other things that are there to wear out would not be that much drastically different, To be honest if you maintain the car properly I cant think of costs going drastically out of the roof just because it is AWD.

Get the car properly checked by agents our someplace like are favorite checking place. Also, when driving...listen to hums or thuds coming from the rear. (especially the thud if it has an electro magnetic coupler)

I know a few people in SL who simply removed the AWD system. Don't do that....Sri Lankan people have all these myths about cars and AWD seems to be one of them...so that might effect the car's re-sellability.

• Like 1