• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

PROTON WIRA 2004

roshan.smib@gmail.com

Question

Dear All

I have proton wira 2004 car.

When heat the  engine become a slow and petrol supply getting slow and stoped the car.My guarge men told when  heat the  engine there is negative power supply originated and engine stopped. He advised me you should have replaced Engine control unit .I need your great support to find the PROTON WIRA 2004 spare part supplier to purchase the ECU.If you know the contact numbers please upload.It is great help to me.

Thank you

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Dear All

When heat the  engine become a slow and petrol supply getting slow and stoped the car.My guarge men told when  heat the  engine there is negative power supply originated and engine stopped. He advised me you should have replaced Engine control unit .I need your great support to find the PROTON WIRA 2004 spare part supplier to purchase the ECU.If you know the contact numbers please upload.It is great help to me.

Thank you

Try on ik***.lk I came across some valuable parts lately or else get some contact in malaysia and try get down that would be much cheaper ✌✌

13 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Dear All

Thank you

Get the opinion of another mechanic. There are many reasons why a car can stop when heated. 

The ECU could be faulty but before you go and change the ECU, you must strike out other possibilities.

• Like 1

Agree with Crosswind. Don't blindly replace the ECU and expect everything to work. There are things that you should rule out before even considering ECU replacement. 

For example, does each spark plug get a consistent spark when this issue occurs? If not, it could be due to a faulty ignition coil. They are known to fail with age when the engine heats up. 

The Wira has a 4G Mitsubishi engine and you should be able to find many compatible spares around. 

I am still trying to understand what the mechanic meant by "negative power supply originated" thing if that was how he put the idea across to you. Fully agree with Crosswind and Davy's comments above.

Just for my curiosity does your engine get heated up beyond the half mark on the heater gauge? Does the engine stop everytime it gets heated or is it intermittent?