• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

toyota 121 G grade or toyota allion 240??

First off, hope you would not mind If I ask, are you new to the market and is this gonna be the first car of yours as cars are pretty much overpriced these days ???

And make sure you are knowledgeable enough to grab a car worth the money ✌✌

So as you've been directly point out whats best over above mentioned two cars would be Toyota Allion NZE 240 (2002 - 2005)

Why Do I say its Allion over Corolla ??

1) Corollas are overpriced ever since.

2) Most probably you will end up buying a Pre-face lift of a corolla and you will be unhappy of the looks ??

3) Most of the Allions being maintained and kept Nice and Shine bt nt the corollas.

4) And you will be able to find a under 100k driven Allion with no time

That's how I could brief based on my views.

Good Luck ??

• Like 1

In the same price bracket why not the car a class above

One point though some Allions are also hacked. I was looking for a 260 last year and saw about 10 cars, but came across a 240 in much better condition than the 260s and grabbed the chance and saved some money. Still happy I made that decision.

5 hours ago, Nissan cdj said:

First off, hope you would not mind If I ask, are you new to the market and is this gonna be the first car of yours as cars are pretty much overpriced these days ???

So as you've been directly point out whats best over above mentioned two cars would be Toyota Allion NZE 240 (2002 - 2005)

2) Most probably you will end up buying a Pre-face lift of a corolla and you will be unhappy of the looks ??

3) Most of the Allions being maintained and kept Nice and Shine bt nt the corollas.

Good Luck ??

Yes dude um nw to the market and this is my second car..thanks a lot ? ?

1 hour ago, aamarakoon said:

In the same price bracket why not the car a class above

One point though some Allions are also hacked. I was looking for a 260 last year and saw about 10 cars, but came across a 240 in much better condition than the 260s and grabbed the chance and saved some money. Still happy I made that decision.

Thanks broo ?

I also say go for the Allion, but I doubt that there are 240 Allions that are genuinely clocked under 100k. The Allion wont  do as much as good on fuel like the corolla as its much heavier and bigger. But you'll get more comfort, better handling and more bells and whistles on the Allion. But do keep in mind that there are corollas and Allions (240 and 260) that are hacked to death. So get it thoroughly checked before buying.

Edited by asrock

Both are great cars, but the Allion 240 will have more bells and whistles as many stated. But almost all those are high on the mileage and quite older.

Considering your budget of 3.5 mil, what about a Belta 1.3 (2008/ 2009 or may be 2010 model)? A basic car when consider to the 121 G and the Allion 240, but you will get a much newer, low mileage, good fuel economical, reliable and easy to maintain car (oh this is Sri Lanka and good resale value too then).

9 hours ago, Nissan cdj said:

Good Luck ??

1. WRONG. Corollas and Allions are both overpriced cars.

2. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

3. WRONG. That's the biggest bullsh*t I heard today. Allions and Corollas are typical Sri Lankan's cars and hacked equally.

4. WRONG. This is a dangerous lie. You will very rarely find a 15 year-old car that has been driven less than 100k. Both Corollas and Allions can be easily clocked. If the odo is less than 100k, most probably its clocked.

30 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

1. WRONG. Corollas and Allions are both overpriced cars.

2. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

3. WRONG. That's the biggest bullsh*t I heard today. Allions and Corollas are typical Sri Lankan's cars and hacked equally.

4. WRONG. This is a dangerous lie. You will very rarely find a 15 year-old car that has been driven less than 100k. Both Corollas and Allions can be easily clocked. If the odo is less than 100k, most probably its clocked.

Haha you are nervous ??? That's why I've clearly mentioned "And make sure you are knowledgeable enough to grab a car worth the money" ??

Both cars share mostly the same underneath.So if u prefer the 1500cc,

allion is a notably more comfier, got nice legroom in the front and back.U get adjustable rear seats,map lights,optitron meter(illumination dashboard in sri lankan terms???) and a six speaker audio system as options that corolla doesn't have.at the same time u get a little sacrifice in the acceleration and fuel economy.fuel economy might be only 1-2kmpl difference.if u want more acceleration go for the zrt240 1800cc.it also returns better fuel economy when u do outstation.

As for the corolla, 1500cc got enough power for daily driving.i've been using one for over 4 years still gives me no trouble.fine car.but can't bear the front end design.if u go for a corolla,go for a facelift one.

as for finding one under 100k is a bit hard for both these cars.one of my relation got hold of a one y.o.m 2001 with J plates,and had only done 67000km.the car is in pristine condition.They are hard or maybe impossible to find again.

9 minutes ago, DhoRK said:

Both cars share mostly the same underneath.So if u prefer the 1500cc,

allion is a notably more comfier, got nice legroom in the front and back.U get adjustable rear seats,map lights,optitron meter(illumination dashboard in sri lankan terms???) and a six speaker audio system as options that corolla doesn't have.at the same time u get a little sacrifice in the acceleration and fuel economy.fuel economy might be only 1-2kmpl difference.if u want more acceleration go for the zrt240 1800cc.it also returns better fuel economy when u do outstation.

As for the corolla, 1500cc got enough power for daily driving.i've been using one for over 4 years still gives me no trouble.fine car.but can't bear the front end design.if u go for a corolla,go for a facelift one.

as for finding one under 100k is a bit hard for both these cars.one of my relation got hold of a one y.o.m 2001 with J plates,and had only done 67000km.the car is in pristine condition.They are hard or maybe impossible to find again.

Pre-facelift front looks alright to me :D 

if you MUST buy a Toyota - then go for the Allion.  Or maybe a Post 2007 Vios/Yaris/Belta.  

But for 3.5 there's a lot of better alternatives.

See the problem with Toyota's is that people perceive it as a 'market car' and many buy-and-sell them. It's very difficult to find a 121,Allion/Premio/Belta/Yaris/Vios with original milage, genuine ownership details (open book) basically you have a higher change of being hood-winked into buying a Toyota than another brand.

For Example let me tell you an experience I had :

once we went car hunting on a single day a couple years ago we went to  see 2 Tiidas, Lancer, 2 Vios ,Belta and a 121, 

The 121 was 2001  was told to be accident free but it had been painted and was done so shoddily you could see paint on the windscreen beadings still the car was listed at an insane price at that time. It had no maintenance records whatsoever.

The Belta[2007] was in decent condition and seemed to have original mileage (100,000 odd in 2014) but the seller had this tall story of the car being his brothers etc etc (was on open book) - car was not owners

2004 Vios was in terrible shape interior was crappy and smelt bad again tall story : this my brothers son's car etc. etc. - not the owners 

2007 Vios : looked in good condition. Hugely overpriced at that time. Again tall story - bought the car but had a 'Salli Haidissiyak' hence selling ,  couldn't transfer ownership bla bla  not a single maintenance record. Mileage suspiciously low 

2007 Tiida[1] : Brand new import third owner 90,000 odd milage in 2014 . Records in tact- even had the user manual. 

2007 Tiida[2] : Recon import first owner in SL. All docs in tact. 80,000 odd. Some Maintenance records in tact.Base Version - no bells and whistles hence quite cheap.

2010 Lancer : Second owner. All docs in tact 80,000 KM done (high mileage for a 4 yo car at that time - he said he drives a lot .. no B/S all records avialable. 

I guess that day alone told me a lot about the local used car scene and what brand to avoid :D 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, matroska said:

if you MUST buy a Toyota - then go for the Allion.  Or maybe a Post 2007 Vios/Yaris/Belta.  

See the problem with Toyota's is that people perceive it as a 'market car' and many buy-and-sell them. It's very difficult to find a 121,Allion/Premio/Belta/Yaris/Vios with original milage, genuine ownership details (open book) basically you have a higher change of being hood-winked into buying a Toyota than another brand.

once we went car hunting on a single day a couple years ago we went to  see 2 Tiidas, Lancer, 2 Vios ,Belta and a 121, 

The 121 was 2001  was told to be accident free but it had been painted and was done so shoddily you could see paint on the windscreen beadings still the car was listed at an insane price at that time. It had no maintenance records whatsoever.

The Belta[2007] was in decent condition and seemed to have original mileage (100,000 odd in 2014) but the seller had this tall story of the car being his brothers etc etc (was on open book) - car was not owners

2004 Vios was in terrible shape interior was crappy and smelt bad again tall story : this my brothers son's car etc. etc. - not the owners 

2007 Vios : looked in good condition. Hugely overpriced at that time. Again tall story - bought the car but had a 'Salli Haidissiyak' hence selling ,  couldn't transfer ownership bla bla  not a single maintenance record. Mileage suspiciously low 

2007 Tiida[1] : Brand new import third owner 90,000 odd milage in 2014 . Records in tact- even had the user manual. 

2007 Tiida[2] : Recon import first owner in SL. All docs in tact. 80,000 odd. Some Maintenance records in tact.Base Version - no bells and whistles hence quite cheap.

2010 Lancer : Second owner. All docs in tact 80,000 KM done (high mileage for a 4 yo car at that time - he said he drives a lot .. no B/S all records avialable. 

I guess that day alone told me a lot about the local used car scene and what brand to avoid :D 

Absolutely agree. People who use Honda, Mazda Mitsubishi are basically vehicle lovers who prioritize other major factors over re saleability

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Totally agree it's the Toyota users who do all the fidling and distort the millage etc.

It's because the most common reason to buy one is being concerned about resale. So all buying and selling broker gurus go for Toyota. 

17 hours ago, janitha sampath bandara said:

I am going to buy a car around 35lakhs..i dont have any idea except these two cars..if u guys have any ideas than these cars to buy please tell me..or from these two what is the best onw to buy?? Please be kind to help me guyss

What are your requirements 

Overpriced 

Hacked to death

Not worth the money you waste.

Then the best option is the corolla.

But if you don't hate your self that much and want a good decent car for 3.5 million there are lot of choices like

2008 lancer ex  2009 mazda 3 2010 nissan sunny 2008 tida 2010+hyundai elentra or kia cerato ford focus (ask the expert) even the 2008 corolla 141.

Or suvs like 2008 hyundai tucson or kia sportage.

These are much newer much less hacked and trouble free vehicles. 

So chose wisely

Ps from your 2 the Allion is better and if you come across one with less than  150 000km it's probably wrong

6 hours ago, Clark's son said:

Overpriced 

Hacked to death

But if you don't hate your self that much and want a good decent car for 3.5 million there are lot of choices like

2008 lancer ex  2009 mazda 3 2010 nissan sunny 2008 tida 2010+hyundai elentra or kia cerato ford focus (ask the expert) even the 2008 corolla 141.

So chose wisely

Ps from your 2 the Allion is better and if you come across one with less than  150 000km it's probably wrong

Major help broo..what will you buy if u face to this situation?

6 hours ago, Clark's son said:

Overpriced 

Hacked to death

So chose wisely

Thanks a lot bro

14 hours ago, janitha sampath bandara said:

Major help broo..what will you buy if u face to this situation?

I'm a suv person so I'll go for a 2008 tucson

Or if it should be a car the Lancer ex 

If you specialy need a toyota you can get a 2008 141 which is the newer model of the 121 for 3.5

21 hours ago, Jor-el said:

So @matroska if you don't mind me asking - what did you end up buying? Tiida or the Lancer? :)

niether... i immediately fell in love with the lancer (CS series) but it was expensive and dude was not negotiable  so i figured out i could get an EX for a fraction about that amount i wasn't in a hurry so it kinda tapered off and i spent my cash on a house etc..  actually there was a time EX's were really hard to find... later on I ended up buying a Honda :D  but still i get a little heartache when i see an EX  

• Like 1