• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fiat Punto: Generic Warning light

Djin

Hi Guys,

I recently bought my first car which is a fiat punto and i noticed that the generic warning light is always lit up, would anyone know what this means?

I also would like to know the multimedia setup that existing punto owners have in their cars as mine came with a pioneer single dim setup and i am not happy with it. This is to see if anyone has replaced their system with an android touch system player.

28 minutes ago, Djin said:

Hi Guys,

I recently bought my first car which is a fiat punto and i noticed that the generic warning light is always lit up, would anyone know what this means?

I also would like to know the multimedia setup that existing punto owners have in their cars as mine came with a pioneer single dim setup and i am not happy with it. This is to see if anyone has replaced their system with an android touch system player.

can you post a image of the warning light? 

it should a burnt bulb as per the manual, check lamp bulbs

The manual should state, 

1. Engine oil pressure sensor failure.
  2. Problem with parking sensors.
  3. Fuel cut off not available
  4. External light failure

easiest is to check the external lights/bulbs for malfunctions

Edited by fiatLife
add more reasons
  • Like 1

Hi,

Is this a diesel or petrol? The punto has a CAN bus system which checks intermittently for any electrical faults. This bulb lights up when it detects an error. Normally as soon as you switch on the odometer display it should tell you what to check. If its a bulb it'll say either "Check LHS/Brake Light" etc on the line just above the odometer reading. Most probably it is to do with a burnt bulb as fiatLife has mentioned. If its anything else another corresponding warning light should popup on the instrument cluster.

In terms of the sound system, puntos came with an original blaupunkt CD/Radio. Yours seem to have an aftermarket facia/adapter modifying it to mount a standard single-din player. Only way to mount a double-din is to buy a corresponding double din facia. That would modify the two central AC vents to give you some space. OR you could buy a modified DVD player to fit the puntos dimensions. You could try searching on eb** or similar parts website.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys.

@fiatLife Yes it does seem like bulb issue. It is currently with Noel for some repairs and he made the same diagnosis.

@NeroX This is a diesel machang.I do not want to significantly alter anything by changing the air vents. However, when i browsing the fiat forum, i came across a post where i guy had fixed a single din android system which bluetooth, GPS and rear camera functions. The below was the product he had used. Do you or anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Android-Car-DVD-GPS-for-Fiat-Grande-Punto-Linea-with-Bluetooth-Radio-RDS-Wifi-3G-Mirror/912113_32585438228.html?spm=2114.8147860.0.75.I3K9ue